ID and BIO Abstract Brutalist Wall Sculpture - Iron Metal & Enamel ??? 60's

4 posters

Go down

ID and BIO Abstract Brutalist Wall Sculpture - Iron Metal & Enamel ??? 60's Empty ID and BIO Abstract Brutalist Wall Sculpture - Iron Metal & Enamel ??? 60's

Post by rbjr326 November 10th 2012, 4:08 am

Need help to ID artist and a bio - Just Aquired This Nice Mid Century Abstract Brutalist Wall Sculpture - Material: Iron Metal and Enamel - Size: approx. 45" inches L x 21" inches W - 3D type stacked design - top has enamel art squares - and the iron metal has gold and copper toning in areas. Dating approx. mid century ( 1960's -70 ). It is signed SANTORA ? as seen in the pictures. Reminds me of a Jere and Higgins mix. I have searched and found very little information other than some have sold at Wright Modern Auctions for around 1500. - 2500. US Thanks for you're help - time and efforts. rbjr - below are the pictures
[img]ID and BIO Abstract Brutalist Wall Sculpture - Iron Metal & Enamel ??? 60's DSCN8498[/img]
[img]ID and BIO Abstract Brutalist Wall Sculpture - Iron Metal & Enamel ??? 60's DSCN8496[/img]
ID and BIO Abstract Brutalist Wall Sculpture - Iron Metal & Enamel ??? 60's DSCN8502
ID and BIO Abstract Brutalist Wall Sculpture - Iron Metal & Enamel ??? 60's DSCN8491
rbjr326
rbjr326

Male Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2011-01-14

Back to top Go down

ID and BIO Abstract Brutalist Wall Sculpture - Iron Metal & Enamel ??? 60's Empty Re: ID and BIO Abstract Brutalist Wall Sculpture - Iron Metal & Enamel ??? 60's

Post by NaomiM November 10th 2012, 4:45 pm

The iron are nails, used for nailing floorboards.
Not my area of expertise but looks familiar.

Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 31247
Registration date : 2012-05-15

http://bispm.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

ID and BIO Abstract Brutalist Wall Sculpture - Iron Metal & Enamel ??? 60's Empty Re: ID and BIO Abstract Brutalist Wall Sculpture - Iron Metal & Enamel ??? 60's

Post by dantheman November 10th 2012, 4:48 pm

lots on the internet about these pieces but nobody seems to know the background

Consultant
Consultant

Male Number of posts : 15414
Registration date : 2008-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post by brin mcardle November 14th 2012, 5:28 pm

My sister and i bought a piece very similar to this in New York bout 7/8 eight years ago...from a shop called The End of History in Hudson St..they have blog and web site and the guy who runs it comes from I.O.W. When i was there this year he had a similar piece on the wall...drop him a line with a pic. He may help
brin mcardle
brin mcardle

Number of posts : 2717
Registration date : 2011-06-18

Back to top Go down

Post by dantheman November 14th 2012, 5:32 pm

http://theendofhistoryshop.blogspot.co.uk/

Consultant
Consultant

Male Number of posts : 15414
Registration date : 2008-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post by NaomiM November 14th 2012, 5:57 pm

dantheman wrote:http://theendofhistoryshop.blogspot.co.uk/

Love that blog.
NaomiM
NaomiM
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by brin mcardle November 14th 2012, 6:45 pm

So do i....the woman who works in the shop is great. But the shop itself is expensive ..lots of German Fat Lava,Scandinavian and American but i would say twice the cost of the UK. Mind you i always visit
brin mcardle
brin mcardle

Number of posts : 2717
Registration date : 2011-06-18

Back to top Go down

Post by rbjr326 November 20th 2012, 12:21 pm

Thanks I will check them out
rbjr326
rbjr326

Male Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2011-01-14

Back to top Go down

Post by NaomiM December 1st 2012, 2:51 pm

Knew it looked familiar. Just come across a similar on on the flickriver website, titled Marc Weinstein Wall Sculpture II
Google images " flickriver Marc Weinstein Wall Sculpture II " and you'll see it.

Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by NaomiM December 1st 2012, 2:56 pm

The complete gallery is on the marccreates.com website

Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum