Norwegian pot marked KK - Kråkerøy keramikk

3 posters

Go down

Norwegian pot marked KK - Kråkerøy keramikk Empty Norwegian pot marked KK - Kråkerøy keramikk

Post by Alex_s December 3rd 2012, 3:08 pm

Nice little pot, this. I'm guessing 60s-ish. The mark says KK - I'm aware of Knud Kyhn having a KK mark, but he was Danish and his mark was more of an impressed monogram, so I'm not expecting this to be one of his. Anyone recognise this one?

Norwegian pot marked KK - Kråkerøy keramikk Kk110

Norwegian pot marked KK - Kråkerøy keramikk Kk210
Alex_s
Alex_s

Number of posts : 261
Registration date : 2010-12-22

Back to top Go down

Norwegian pot marked KK - Kråkerøy keramikk Empty Re: Norwegian pot marked KK - Kråkerøy keramikk

Post by NaomiM December 3rd 2012, 3:53 pm

There's also one on ebay listed as Mid Century Pottery Norway Circles & Rays Vase KK. It has an impressed KK mark on the base plus impressed numbers 359, plus handwritten kk and numbers 359/32, and made in Norway handpainted

Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 31247
Registration date : 2012-05-15

http://bispm.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Norwegian pot marked KK - Kråkerøy keramikk Empty Re: Norwegian pot marked KK - Kråkerøy keramikk

Post by NaomiM December 3rd 2012, 4:07 pm

Found another, also ?

This is his bio. from dphtrading.com

Knud Kyhn was a very productive artist who throughout his life created works of art that are still valued all over the world. In Denmark, he is especially known for his many animal figurines, which he created through his many years of service at Royal Copenhagen. He worked for the Royal Porcelain Factory in the years 1903-1910, 1924-1932 and 1936-1967, interrupted only by a period by Herman A. Kahler in Naestved 1920-1924 and at Bing & Grondahl 1908-1915 and 1933-1935

The shapes of the pots marked KK that I've found on google images are reminiscent of Kahler's ones, so if this is his work then it may have been made while he was at Naestved.

Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by studio-pots December 3rd 2012, 4:54 pm

There was a Norwegian pottery that was started in 1947 by Rolf Hansen called Konsberg Keramik. Maybe a possibility?

Consultant
Consultant

Male Number of posts : 7815
Registration date : 2011-02-17

http://www.studio-pots.com

Back to top Go down

Post by NaomiM December 3rd 2012, 5:28 pm

studio-pots wrote:There was a Norwegian pottery that was started in 1947 by Rolf Hansen called Konsberg Keramik. Maybe a possibility?

From the couple of examples I've found on google images for Kongsberg Keramikk it's a handdrawn kbg rather than a KK
NaomiM
NaomiM
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex_s December 3rd 2012, 6:36 pm

NaomiM wrote:There's also one on ebay listed as Mid Century Pottery Norway Circles & Rays Vase KK.

Yes. Two reasons why that looks like the same pottery. One is the KK, the other is the little white rim showing at the top. Nice vase, too – I'd buy it if I didn't think the postage from the US would be about 6 million quid. But we still don't know who it's by!
Alex_s
Alex_s

Back to top Go down

Post by NaomiM December 3rd 2012, 7:14 pm

Found a few others, but without the kk - google "Mid Century Modern Danish Hand made In Norway Terracotta Pottery Bowl Blue Red" and "Stylish Mid-Century Modern Scandinavian Bowl from Norway hand painted L@@K"

I'm wondering if it was an offshoot of Elle, Norway?

Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex_s December 3rd 2012, 7:27 pm

Yeah, interesting. Some of those images have something of the look about them (Larholm particularly) but you'd think this particular design would show up somewhere. I want more of it anyway - it's just my cup of tea, and the glaze is beautifully silky.
(By the way, thanks for all your help and interest on this and many previous threads Naomi!)
Alex_s
Alex_s

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex_s December 3rd 2012, 7:35 pm

Ooh - here's a possibility. Kråkerøy Keramikk - who I've never heard of, have a KK mark.
Alex_s
Alex_s

Back to top Go down

Post by NaomiM December 3rd 2012, 9:16 pm

Alex_s wrote:Ooh - here's a possibility. Kråkerøy Keramikk - who I've never heard of, have a KK mark.

Ah, yes they do. Found this:

Norwegian pot marked KK - Kråkerøy keramikk Kk_mar10

"Norsk keramikk 1900-1960"
NaomiM
NaomiM
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex_s December 3rd 2012, 10:12 pm

High five! Happy It's the one on the top right.
Alex_s
Alex_s

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex_s December 3rd 2012, 10:19 pm

Just emailed this person, who looks like they might know a thing or two.
http://www.norsk-keramikk.com
Alex_s
Alex_s

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex_s December 6th 2012, 6:24 pm

ID confirmed by Kjetil Almvik of Norway:

"This pot is made by "Kråkerøy keramikk" in Fredrikstad. The company started
in 1945 and closed down around 1965. This pot is made in the late 50's or
beginning of the 60's."
Alex_s
Alex_s

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum