1920's Vase - Red/White Spatter Glass? w/Blue, Czech?

3 posters

Go down

1920's Vase - Red/White Spatter Glass? w/Blue, Czech? Empty 1920's Vase - Red/White Spatter Glass? w/Blue, Czech?

Post by PattyW February 6th 2013, 3:13 pm

Please help me ID a beautiful vase that I inherited from my grandmother. I've been told that my grandparents received this vase as a wedding gift, which would date it to the 1920's, unless they inherited it from THEIR parents, who came from Germany. It stands 7-1/2" tall and is 4" wide. It appears to be blown glass, as it has a pontil mark on it's bottom. The glass is clear with orange/red & white spatter, and has blue glass applied to bottom (footer) and top. The blue design on top looks to be made for holding flower stems, but I'm not sure. The vase has no maker markings that I can see. I've done research on this vase for years and can't say definately what it is, but appears to be Czech Spatter Glass. Can anyone tell me anything about this beautiful vase? I would like to know what it is and who made it. Thanks for looking!
1920's Vase - Red/White Spatter Glass? w/Blue, Czech? Img_3812
1920's Vase - Red/White Spatter Glass? w/Blue, Czech? Img_3813
1920's Vase - Red/White Spatter Glass? w/Blue, Czech? Img_3814
PattyW
PattyW

Female Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2013-02-06

Back to top Go down

1920's Vase - Red/White Spatter Glass? w/Blue, Czech? Empty Re: 1920's Vase - Red/White Spatter Glass? w/Blue, Czech?

Post by RVsaid February 7th 2013, 7:48 am

Hmm assuming that it is Bohemian then the Kralik works of 1920's & 30's would spring to mind. The clear casing of the middle mottled colours is impressive though I have not seen this on Kralik in this way before, doesn't mean they didn't do it of course and not really my taste so I wouldn't keep a keen eye on all the varieties. Also, not wishing to cause any offence, without the providence supplied it could easily be a recent import from a developing country such as China.
RVsaid
RVsaid

Number of posts : 1457
Registration date : 2012-08-12

Back to top Go down

1920's Vase - Red/White Spatter Glass? w/Blue, Czech? Empty Re: 1920's Vase - Red/White Spatter Glass? w/Blue, Czech?

Post by NaomiM February 7th 2013, 9:28 am

"I've been told that my grandparents received this vase as a wedding gift"

Might have been for a more recent wedding anniversary. Not convinced it's got enough age to date it to the 20s or 30s.
If you don't get an answer here you could try the GlassMessages.com forum.

Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 31289
Registration date : 2012-05-15

http://bispm.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by PattyW February 7th 2013, 8:54 pm

Thanks RVsaid & NaomiM for your responses and for the new ideas to try. My grandparents married in the United States of America. After my grandmother passed away at 100 years old, I cleaned out her house and was delighted to find an attic full of antique/vintage collectibles and antiques, many of which was Glassware. Grandma was considered a "hoarder", she literally saved everything and used nothing (lucky me!). In other words, whenever she received a gift, she would pack it nicely and store it in the attic, where it would stay for 80 years! I found beautiful marked glassware that was made early as 1907, mint condition and neatly packed away. I will keep searching for the maker of this vase, thank you so much!
PattyW
PattyW

Female Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2013-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post by RVsaid February 8th 2013, 11:11 am

I myself and am sure a lot of people here, are just the same as your Grandmother so it is nice to hear the above. I hope that when I pass it brings as much joy to the finder of my hoard as you have had with yours. Best of luck
RVsaid
RVsaid

Number of posts : 1457
Registration date : 2012-08-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum