Landscape oil painting by W E Chapman?

5 posters

Go down

Landscape oil painting by W E Chapman? Empty Landscape oil painting by W E Chapman?

Post by Flintztone June 23rd 2013, 1:55 am

Size 3ft x 2ft

Anyone familiar with this artist and able to provide any information.   I can't seem to find details during my research.  [url=]Landscape oil painting by W E Chapman? 134[/url]  [url=Landscape oil painting by W E Chapman? 233] [url=Landscape oil painting by W E Chapman? 330]  [url=Landscape oil painting by W E Chapman? 427]  [url=Landscape oil painting by W E Chapman? 623]
  [url=Landscape oil painting by W E Chapman? 716]  [url=Landscape oil painting by W E Chapman? 815]  [url=Landscape oil painting by W E Chapman? 913]  [url=Landscape oil painting by W E Chapman? 1012]  [url=Landscape oil painting by W E Chapman? 1211]  [url=Landscape oil painting by W E Chapman? 1310]  [url=Landscape oil painting by W E Chapman? 1410]  [url=Landscape oil painting by W E Chapman? 1510] [url=Landscape oil painting by W E Chapman? 1610]
Flintztone
Flintztone

Male Number of posts : 247
Registration date : 2012-12-09

Back to top Go down

Landscape oil painting by W E Chapman? Empty Re: Landscape oil painting by W E Chapman?

Post by NaomiM June 23rd 2013, 1:42 pm

Looks like a keen amateur artist to me. Probably s member of an art club in the Coventry area.

Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 31247
Registration date : 2012-05-15

http://bispm.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Landscape oil painting by W E Chapman? Empty Re: Landscape oil painting by W E Chapman?

Post by studio-pots June 23rd 2013, 1:50 pm

Perhaps a local view? Laughter

Consultant
Consultant

Male Number of posts : 7815
Registration date : 2011-02-17

http://www.studio-pots.com

Back to top Go down

Post by NaomiM June 23rd 2013, 1:54 pm

Alternatively it could be an import from China. The value is in the size and subject matter, rather than who painted it.
If you watch the 'how to paint in oils' arts programs then these sorts of views and brush styles are what they teach because, with a little practice, it results in a quick and impressive painting.

Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Flintztone June 23rd 2013, 4:31 pm

There appears to be uncertainty and confusion.   The value?............... I'm not sure what you mean NaomiM.   The frame was probably made in Coventry, but The painting could of been done elsewhere, wether it be China or any other country.   That is what I am trying to find out.  Shock   Oh deary deary me! Doh!
Flintztone
Flintztone

Back to top Go down

Post by tenpot June 23rd 2013, 5:40 pm

probably from Dafen
tenpot
tenpot

Male Number of posts : 2634
Registration date : 2008-06-07

http://aucoustier.blogspot.fr/

Back to top Go down

Post by NaomiM June 23rd 2013, 5:43 pm

Sorry, thought I was being clear. Painted in China or by a local hobby artist. Either way you're unlikely to find any reference to the painter.

Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Potty June 23rd 2013, 11:00 pm

Overall I agree with Naomi to be honest, regarding value Naomi means that it's value lies in it's decorative value and it's size. It's done in a fairly unskilled method of painting (notice the way the trees are painted), but the end result is impressive. For this type of painting I think it's nice, I especially like the mountain in the background.

Potty
Potty

Number of posts : 3675
Registration date : 2010-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Flintztone June 24th 2013, 2:01 am

Cheers for that Potty.  I'm no painter and soley rely on you guys.  The painting is very detailed irrespective of the standard of quality in order to determine value.  I've had this painting for a good number of years now and it was only due to the interest of friends, that I thought it would be a good idea to, not only share my painting, but make enquiries also.   Like you said, "the end result is impressive".  As far as I'm concerned, it does not matter what stroke was used to obtain the end result, if it is liked, that is all that matters.  My partner and I just love landscape paintings, especially the ones with the introduction of vibrant autumn colours.  Here is another painting that we have had for over 20 years now and was purchased from an elderly couple who no longer wanted it.   There is no signature on this one, not that it matters though.  It's a lot larger than the above painting.  These types of painting radiates tranquility to the home.

[url=Landscape oil painting by W E Chapman? 136]

Last edited by Flintztone on June 24th 2013, 2:58 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Provide further information.)
Flintztone
Flintztone

Back to top Go down

Post by Potty June 24th 2013, 2:10 am

Like I say it is (In my opinion) a lot better than most painted in this manner, so it could be by someone who teaches this style of painting. (though far east is still a possibility)

From a personal point of view I'd much rather have this hanging on my wall than a lot of the "abstract art" that sells for £1000's. Excellent

Potty
Potty

Number of posts : 3675
Registration date : 2010-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Flintztone June 24th 2013, 2:49 am

I totally agree with you on that one Potty, especially when you think of the time and effort that has gone into these type of paintings.
Flintztone
Flintztone

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum