ID help please on figurine back stamp

2 posters

Go down

ID help please on figurine back stamp Empty ID help please on figurine back stamp

Post by RoyJ99 July 6th 2013, 11:29 pm

Any help on this would be appreciated. Pictures aren't great as the mark itself is rather smudged, think it reads " RAYWARE" in the centre.

ID help please on figurine back stamp Yctk

ID help please on figurine back stamp Y51r

ID help please on figurine back stamp N2qr

ID help please on figurine back stamp Mh8k

Thank you
RoyJ99
RoyJ99

Number of posts : 350
Registration date : 2013-06-12

Back to top Go down

ID help please on figurine back stamp Empty Re: ID help please on figurine back stamp

Post by NaomiM July 6th 2013, 11:58 pm

Not sure if Rayware is the manufacturer or the wholesaler, because we see a lot of these figures in the charity shop, and I'm sure some of them have had 'made in Taiwan' stickers on them.
They are very common. We price them up at £1 and most go unsold.

Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 31289
Registration date : 2012-05-15

http://bispm.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

ID help please on figurine back stamp Empty Re: ID help please on figurine back stamp

Post by RoyJ99 July 7th 2013, 12:16 am

yeah I know the ones that you mean, I see a lot of the "made in Taiwan" ones or the stamps that lure people into thinking they are a well regarded make such as Royal Copenahgen, Sitzendorf etc. This one just has a different feel to it than the usual suspects, hand painted and the stamp that I have never seen before. Only cost £2 so not fussed if it turns out to be worthless but trying to find the mark just peeked my interest.
RoyJ99
RoyJ99

Number of posts : 350
Registration date : 2013-06-12

Back to top Go down

Post by NaomiM July 7th 2013, 1:18 am

The Rayware Group has a website www.rayware.co.uk . It owns various kitchenware and houseware companies, including Rayware ltd which supplies giftware. I still think this is made in Taiwan for this company to supply to retail stores. However it is possible its an early piece from the 70s or 80s, maybe made somewhere like Italy (it has a Capodimonte look to it), but its value has been hit by the flood of imports of similar figures from Taiwan.

Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 31289
Registration date : 2012-05-15

http://bispm.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum