Bowl with bright orange interior marked Keramos

3 posters

Go down

Bowl with bright orange interior marked Keramos Empty Bowl with bright orange interior marked Keramos

Post by lindylou08 July 7th 2013, 2:58 pm

Hi
This colourful stoneware bowl -17cmx12cm and approx. 7cm high is marked Keramos and Sevres.
I've looked on line and found Keramos pottery made in various places eg Israel and Austria ! I'm hoping someone may be able to correctly identify it.

Bowl with bright orange interior marked Keramos Dscn4013Bowl with bright orange interior marked Keramos Dscn4014Bowl with bright orange interior marked Keramos Dscn4015

Thanks
lindylou08
lindylou08

Female Number of posts : 649
Registration date : 2012-11-09

Back to top Go down

Bowl with bright orange interior marked Keramos Empty Re: Bowl with bright orange interior marked Keramos

Post by NaomiM July 7th 2013, 3:18 pm

There are a few examples online if you google Keramos Sevres.
My French isn't too good but this seemed to be a potted history of the pottery:

La société «Keramos» , petite entreprise de céramique de six à huit employés, était implantée
à Sèvres, 12, rue des Pommerets. Créée par M. Henon, céramiste originaire des Ardennes qui
avait établi un premier atelier à Montrouge, elle a existé dans les années 1950 et 1960. L’entrepriseétait active et travaillait même à l’exportation . Elle produisait de petits objets en faïence émaillée, des cache-pot, des pieds de lampe, des poupées, des services à thé et à café, mais pas de services de table.

Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 31289
Registration date : 2012-05-15

http://bispm.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Bowl with bright orange interior marked Keramos Empty Re: Bowl with bright orange interior marked Keramos

Post by lindylou08 July 7th 2013, 3:38 pm

Thanks Naomi
I'd googled ' Keramos', didn't bother with SZevres as I guessed fine porcelain would be the result but didn't think of trying Keramos Sevres Doh! 

Google translate gives
The company "Keramos" small ceramics company six to eight employees, was established
Sèvres, 12, rue des Pommerets. Created by M. Henon, ceramist born of the Bulge
established an initial workshop in Montrouge, it existed in the 1950s and 1960s. The entrepriseétait active and worked even for export. It produced small objects glazed earthenware, the pot, lamp bases, dolls, tea and coffee, but no table service. [i]

Where on earth is Bulge !!??

Thanks for your help

lindylou08
lindylou08

Female Number of posts : 649
Registration date : 2012-11-09

Back to top Go down

Post by studio-pots July 7th 2013, 3:47 pm

lindylou08 wrote:

Where on earth is Bulge !!??

[/i]

I think the translator might have come up with a Second World War reference, as the Battle of the Bulge took place in the Ardennes region in 1944. It is a forested area that goes from north-eastern France/south east Belgium into Germany.

Consultant
Consultant

Male Number of posts : 7816
Registration date : 2011-02-17

http://www.studio-pots.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum