Large Pastel glaze urn vase, reverse S mark - Suzanne Bergne?

2 posters

Go down

Large Pastel glaze urn vase, reverse S mark - Suzanne Bergne?  Empty Large Pastel glaze urn vase, reverse S mark - Suzanne Bergne?

Post by RVsaid March 1st 2015, 9:33 am

Hi

Quite a large urn style vase with pastel blue colouring in the glaze. Originally I thought the mark was LP but on looking again it looks more an upside down S

Approx 10.5 inches high and 8.5 inches across at widest.

Large Pastel glaze urn vase, reverse S mark - Suzanne Bergne?  Ateaur10
RVsaid
RVsaid

Number of posts : 1460
Registration date : 2012-08-12

Back to top Go down

Large Pastel glaze urn vase, reverse S mark - Suzanne Bergne?  Empty Re: Large Pastel glaze urn vase, reverse S mark - Suzanne Bergne?

Post by studio-pots March 1st 2015, 11:04 am

There was a potter called Suzy Cree ,who used a back to front S as her mark. She worked near Harrogate from 1980 until 1995.

Her work was stoneware but wood-fired so the colour is the "problem" for me. I'll check and see if I can find images of any of her pots.

Consultant
Consultant

Male Number of posts : 7817
Registration date : 2011-02-17

http://www.studio-pots.com

Back to top Go down

Large Pastel glaze urn vase, reverse S mark - Suzanne Bergne?  Empty Re: Large Pastel glaze urn vase, reverse S mark - Suzanne Bergne?

Post by studio-pots March 1st 2015, 11:09 am

No, I found images of her work and it was more traditional and her S was a different font.

Consultant
Consultant

Male Number of posts : 7817
Registration date : 2011-02-17

http://www.studio-pots.com

Back to top Go down

Post by RVsaid March 1st 2015, 11:26 am

Ok thanks for looking.
RVsaid
RVsaid

Number of posts : 1460
Registration date : 2012-08-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum