Scottish Pottery Vase - Alistair Macduff

3 posters

Go down

Scottish Pottery Vase - Alistair Macduff Empty Scottish Pottery Vase - Alistair Macduff

Post by cookiepops May 27th 2015, 3:17 pm

unable to decifer the surname on the bottom, first name is Alistair.  Anyone please?
Scottish Pottery Vase - Alistair Macduff Dscf6610
Scottish Pottery Vase - Alistair Macduff Dscf6611
cookiepops
cookiepops

Number of posts : 336
Registration date : 2012-01-21

Back to top Go down

Scottish Pottery Vase - Alistair Macduff Empty Re: Scottish Pottery Vase - Alistair Macduff

Post by big ed May 27th 2015, 3:33 pm

Macduff

http://www.collectionscanada.gc.ca/eppp-archive/100/202/300/inditer/2000/07-31/macduff/macduff.htm
big ed
big ed

Male Number of posts : 11942
Registration date : 2008-03-22

Back to top Go down

Scottish Pottery Vase - Alistair Macduff Empty Re: Scottish Pottery Vase - Alistair Macduff

Post by cookiepops May 27th 2015, 5:16 pm

why thank you Big Man, I had written it down somewhere but can't find my note or even remember lol.
cookiepops
cookiepops

Number of posts : 336
Registration date : 2012-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post by r-and-f May 28th 2015, 11:10 pm

Here's another vase by Alistair Macduff.  There's a whole display case full of his stuff in the Museum of Edinburgh on the Royal Mile.  He also ran the Dorincourt Potters workshop for disabled people for a few years in the fifties and sixties, mostly screen-printing modern designs onto mass-produced earthenware pots and tiles. You see his name on the back of their wares.  Then in later life he went to Canada to teach craft skills to the Inuit population, where he lived to a great age and (for all I know) may be living still.

Scottish Pottery Vase - Alistair Macduff Alista10

Scottish Pottery Vase - Alistair Macduff Alista12
r-and-f
r-and-f

Male Number of posts : 281
Registration date : 2012-02-07

https://randomtreasureblog.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum