Stoneware lidded pot, speckled with darker pattern. B mark impressed.

2 posters

Go down

Stoneware lidded pot, speckled with darker pattern. B mark impressed. Empty Stoneware lidded pot, speckled with darker pattern. B mark impressed.

Post by stardust* July 1st 2015, 11:33 am

Approx. 7cm tall and 10.5cm wide at the base. Stoneware preserve jar I think. Speckled with a pattern several tones of brown. I can't decide if it's a butterfly or blossom. There's a B (or looks like a B ) impressed on the base (I put a bit of shoe polish on to highlight it....probably shouldn't) I thought it was Branscombe Pottery as I've seen a similar pattern, but it doesn't look quite the same b.????

Stoneware lidded pot, speckled with darker pattern. B mark impressed. Img_0332
Stoneware lidded pot, speckled with darker pattern. B mark impressed. Img_0333
Stoneware lidded pot, speckled with darker pattern. B mark impressed. Img_0334
stardust*
stardust*

Female Number of posts : 411
Registration date : 2015-06-29

Back to top Go down

Stoneware lidded pot, speckled with darker pattern. B mark impressed. Empty Re: Stoneware lidded pot, speckled with darker pattern. B mark impressed.

Post by NaomiM July 1st 2015, 11:53 am

It is Similar to Branscombe but not quite right. I also thought Paul Barron, but also not quite right. A popular decorative and potting style. Another 70s one by the looks of it.

Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 31292
Registration date : 2012-05-15

http://bispm.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Stoneware lidded pot, speckled with darker pattern. B mark impressed. Empty Re: Stoneware lidded pot, speckled with darker pattern. B mark impressed.

Post by stardust* July 1st 2015, 3:37 pm

Thanks again for your thoughts Naomi.
stardust*
stardust*

Female Number of posts : 411
Registration date : 2015-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by NaomiM July 1st 2015, 7:11 pm

Also looks similar to Matthew Blakely's mark. He does very different stuff now, but might be an early piece?

Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 31292
Registration date : 2012-05-15

http://bispm.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum