tall plaster 20th century lamp - anyone recognize this??

3 posters

Go down

tall plaster 20th century lamp - anyone recognize this?? Empty tall plaster 20th century lamp - anyone recognize this??

Post by modguynewengland April 21st 2009, 6:20 pm

tall plaster 20th century lamp - anyone recognize this?? Multic10tall plaster 20th century lamp - anyone recognize this?? Multic15

We've been trying to identify this mid-20th century lamp for a few years..... it's quite tall, about 45" just to the base of the socket. the base and all the balls are plaster, so it's quite heavy...

anyone recognize this or have any ideas??

thanks!
modguynewengland
modguynewengland

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-04-21

Back to top Go down

tall plaster 20th century lamp - anyone recognize this?? Empty Re: tall plaster 20th century lamp - anyone recognize this??

Post by Pip April 21st 2009, 6:49 pm

Welcome to the forum :-)

What's the base like? Are there any marks?

Pip
Pip
Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 3331
Registration date : 2008-02-02

http://www.pips-trip.co.uk

Back to top Go down

tall plaster 20th century lamp - anyone recognize this?? Empty Re: tall plaster 20th century lamp - anyone recognize this??

Post by modguynewengland April 21st 2009, 7:01 pm

no marks of any kind on it....any ideas??
modguynewengland
modguynewengland

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Pip April 21st 2009, 7:15 pm

In a word - no! However, I'm in England and it's more than likely that your lampbase could be American given your location...

On the other hand, it has an Italiany look to it (in my eyes anyway) so I'm wondering if it could have been exported to the USA by Raymor. It might be a line of enquiry if nothing else.

Pip
Pip
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Nic April 22nd 2009, 2:26 am

Looks American, mid/late 1950s. Can't help with a specific maker - there were so many different small post-war operations making these kinds of bold decorative items.
Nic
Nic
Administrator
Administrator

Male Number of posts : 2392
Registration date : 2008-03-21

http://www.wilsonandcoleman.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Pip April 22nd 2009, 8:37 pm

It's unfortunate that this board is largely focused at the moment on British, European and Scandinavian design - I see such little American design here (just outside London) that I have a rather pitiful knowledge of it. Hopefully though, with our new American members, this is an area that we can explore further. The more American 20th Century design I see the more I like it - the lampstand at the beginning of this thread is fabulous!

Pip
Pip
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum