Retro clock or copy? - Estyma (Germany)

4 posters

Go down

Retro clock or copy? - Estyma (Germany) Empty Retro clock or copy? - Estyma (Germany)

Post by lyndhurst44 Sun May 24, 2009 7:33 pm

Retro clock or copy? - Estyma (Germany) Estyma10Hi, Happy
I went to a boot sale this morning and purchased this clock by Estyma which I thought was from the 1960/70's, I had forgotten the name (Rhythm, remember now, too late!) of the company who made these clocks during the so called retro years. Anyway the clock came with it's original cardboard box, was in good working order and condition and there was no tell tale barcode on the box, so I thought I was on to a winner. Now , of course, I am not so sure. Does anyone know if this clock is a modern copy please?
Please excuse poor quality, quickly set up photo, clock face looks better than this.
Thanks,
Bryn

Last edited by denbydump on Sat Mar 11, 2023 9:28 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : pos ID)
lyndhurst44
lyndhurst44

Male Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2009-04-27

Back to top Go down

Retro clock or copy? - Estyma (Germany) Empty Re: Retro clock or copy? - Estyma (Germany)

Post by skay Sun May 24, 2009 8:08 pm

Happy I don't know the answer to your question but it resembles a Westclox (sp?) my Mum bought me in the 70s.

I can't find a picture of one atm, but it looked more retro than that - I'd say repro :con2:

xx

big ed wrote:Burt lancaster spat on me Sad

brin mcardle wrote:Probably no surprise...I love this

Taylor Thomas wrote:Have you got enough quotes Sue?

l33ham180 wrote:the wife wants massive

NaomiM wrote:...didn't even have the excuse it was for charity. Just liked his balls. Cheeky

dantheman wrote:I think it's shit

22 Crawford St. wrote:No one likes clowns.

skay
skay
Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 3351
Registration date : 2008-02-03

Back to top Go down

Retro clock or copy? - Estyma (Germany) Empty Re: Retro clock or copy? - Estyma (Germany)

Post by lyndhurst44 Sun May 24, 2009 9:50 pm

Thanks. One thing I forgot to add was that the clock has a West Germany mark, which at least puts it before the Berlin wall fell.
lyndhurst44
lyndhurst44

Male Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2009-04-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Pip Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:41 am

Bryn, so sorry I missed this thread - surprising because I absolutely adore these sorts of clocks - I've had a couple of really nice Rhythm clocks in the past.

I'd say it was safe to say your clock is 1970s production - it's lovely - I'm rather jealous! I've not heard of Estyma but will do some research.

Pip
Pip
Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 3331
Registration date : 2008-02-02

http://www.pips-trip.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Researcher Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:55 pm

Estyma = German make used for department stores. Some clocks were manufactured by Schatz but also other manufacturer were used. Mostly for German market but some where exported too. Clock shown, ca 1977 (I still remember these in the Quelle Catalog) Hope this helps Happy
Researcher
Researcher

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2009-07-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Pip Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:51 am

Hi Researcher - thanks for the info and a belated welcome to the forum!

Pip
Pip
Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 3331
Registration date : 2008-02-02

http://www.pips-trip.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum