Fanotina? Fantoni? Mystery beaker signed

3 posters

Go down

Fanotina? Fantoni? Mystery beaker signed  Empty Fanotina? Fantoni? Mystery beaker signed

Post by walewein March 22nd 2010, 9:08 am

Hello all. In view of the recent "Fantoni fakes discussion" somewhere on this forum, I thought I might place these photos for you all to consider. Is this piece (approx. 8 cms high) by Marcello Fantoni? I'm not an expert but the signature reads Fantoni to me, although the glaze has made it slightly runny. I know this doesn't look like the usual Fantoni stuff, but to me this piece is of high quality anyway. So, what do you think? I paid 20 cents for this so be nice!  Fanotina? Fantoni? Mystery beaker signed  212118

Fanotina? Fantoni? Mystery beaker signed  2010_010

Fanotina? Fantoni? Mystery beaker signed  2010_011
walewein

Male Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2008-03-22

Back to top Go down

Fanotina? Fantoni? Mystery beaker signed  Empty Re: Fanotina? Fantoni? Mystery beaker signed

Post by big ed March 22nd 2010, 11:29 am

I would say NOT fantoni IMO
big ed
big ed

Male Number of posts : 11942

Back to top Go down

Fanotina? Fantoni? Mystery beaker signed  Empty Re: Fanotina? Fantoni? Mystery beaker signed

Post by tenpot March 22nd 2010, 3:39 pm

I agree with Ed and Pip its not really Fantoni style it could say fontanna but I doubt its vthe fontanna
tenpot
tenpot

Male Number of posts : 2635
Registration date : 2008-06-07

http://aucoustier.blogspot.fr/

Back to top Go down

Post by walewein March 22nd 2010, 8:39 pm

Ah well, never mind. Thank you all. It can't always hit the jackpot. Anyway, I still like to know who made the piece. Any suggestions, as it isn't Fantoni?
walewein

Back to top Go down

Post by tenpot March 23rd 2010, 6:37 am

Fontana was an Italian artist who slashed his canvas's he also did Fanotina? Fantoni? Mystery beaker signed  Icon_post_quote_ensome ceramics in Albisola(the Italian Vallauris) but I think they were scultural pieces with holes in them
tenpot
tenpot

Male Number of posts : 2635
Registration date : 2008-06-07

http://aucoustier.blogspot.fr/

Back to top Go down

Post by walewein March 23rd 2010, 8:34 am

Lucio Fontana? Of the concetto's? That would be even better, forget Fantoni. Paintings by Fontana can bring in half a million easily. Fanotina? Fantoni? Mystery beaker signed  212118
walewein

Back to top Go down

Post by big ed March 23rd 2010, 1:29 pm

Woah ! , better not get carried away , Fanotina? Fantoni? Mystery beaker signed  770577
big ed
big ed

Male Number of posts : 11942

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum