Any Whitefriars Dilly Duck experts in tonight?

+2
skay
lyndhurst44
6 posters

Go down

Any Whitefriars Dilly Duck experts in tonight? Empty Any Whitefriars Dilly Duck experts in tonight?

Post by lyndhurst44 April 19th 2010, 7:48 pm

I purchased this bronze coloured duck recently on Fleabay on the assumption that it was by Whitefriars but I am not now quite so sure. I still think it is but there are differences to the others I have owned in the past. The beak is short, the tail is in clear glass and the base is in the same bronze colour. I did intend to ask on Whitefriars.com but as I know have an imac computer I am having difficulties in reducing the image size to suit the site. But who cares I new I would probably have more sense here Any Whitefriars Dilly Duck experts in tonight? 234527
Thanks,
BrynAny Whitefriars Dilly Duck experts in tonight? P1010014
lyndhurst44
lyndhurst44

Male Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2009-04-27

Back to top Go down

Any Whitefriars Dilly Duck experts in tonight? Empty Re: Any Whitefriars Dilly Duck experts in tonight?

Post by skay April 19th 2010, 7:54 pm

Any Whitefriars Dilly Duck experts in tonight? 314189 As a complete non-expert I'd say no it doesn't look like Whitefriars to me. I hope I'm proved wrong and its a rare experimental piece or something. Any Whitefriars Dilly Duck experts in tonight? Icon_geek

And thanks for your kind words.

xx

big ed wrote:Burt lancaster spat on me Sad

brin mcardle wrote:Probably no surprise...I love this

Taylor Thomas wrote:Have you got enough quotes Sue?

l33ham180 wrote:the wife wants massive

NaomiM wrote:...didn't even have the excuse it was for charity. Just liked his balls. Cheeky

dantheman wrote:I think it's shit

22 Crawford St. wrote:No one likes clowns.

skay
skay
Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 3351
Registration date : 2008-02-03

Back to top Go down

Any Whitefriars Dilly Duck experts in tonight? Empty Re: Any Whitefriars Dilly Duck experts in tonight?

Post by truk10 April 19th 2010, 8:05 pm

Doesn't look like one to me - it lacks the flow and style of Whitefriars ducks. Also the foot is round rather than foot shaped and the head looks like a separate gather. have a look on this site;

http://www.whitefriarsducks.co.uk/index.html
truk10
truk10

Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2009-08-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Nic April 19th 2010, 8:12 pm

Yup. Definitely not Whitefriars, although they're often touted as "rare Whitefriars apprentice pieces" when they do come up for sale.

I don't think anyone has yet established who made them, but they're not uncommon.
Nic
Nic
Administrator
Administrator

Male Number of posts : 2392
Registration date : 2008-03-21

http://www.wilsonandcoleman.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by lyndhurst44 April 19th 2010, 8:52 pm

Hi,
Thanks for all your comments and advice. I think I'm resigned now. Nice try but must do better as my old English teacher used to say 40+ years ago!! Any Whitefriars Dilly Duck experts in tonight? 793537
lyndhurst44
lyndhurst44

Back to top Go down

Post by skay April 19th 2010, 8:57 pm

There's a lady on the Whitefriars forum that has a Wannabe blog (items often mistaken as Whitefriars) - she may like to show it?

xx

NaomiM wrote:...didn't even have the excuse it was for charity. Just liked his balls. Cheeky

skay
skay
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by lyndhurst44 April 19th 2010, 9:51 pm

Yes that's a good idea Skay. I am having problems in getting my images small enough for the Whitefriars site though, since buying an iMac. Does anyone else have the same problems using iPhoto I wonder or does anyone know the correct procedure? Why can't they all be the same as this site?
Thanks,
Bryn
lyndhurst44
lyndhurst44

Back to top Go down

Post by skay April 19th 2010, 10:03 pm

Any Whitefriars Dilly Duck experts in tonight? 466571 I don't know, I've never posted on Whitefriars, only lurked.
I did have my ebay photography right royally slagged off there though Any Whitefriars Dilly Duck experts in tonight? 88711

xx

skay
skay
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Any Whitefriars Dilly Duck experts in tonight? Empty Fellow iMac user

Post by 20th-centuryboy June 5th 2010, 10:11 pm

To reduce the file size of a photo on your iMac simply open it in the application "Preview" and when you go to the save as JPEG dialog box adjust the quality slider to less quality and you will see the new file size shown before you click save. However it will overwrite your original file if you do not change it's name! Hope this helps?
20th-centuryboy
20th-centuryboy

Male Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2010-06-05

Back to top Go down

Post by lyndhurst44 June 7th 2010, 4:22 pm

Hi,
you really must be a mind reader,I tried to download a photo from my phone to whitefriars yesterday and failed miserably so I really appreciate your help. I will try again after following your advise.
Many many Thanks,
Bryn
lyndhurst44
lyndhurst44

Back to top Go down

Post by lyndhurst44 June 7th 2010, 6:34 pm

It worked!!!! Brilliant, now for that pesky duck! Any Whitefriars Dilly Duck experts in tonight? 175374
Thanks again,
Bryn
lyndhurst44
lyndhurst44

Back to top Go down

Post by skay June 7th 2010, 8:01 pm

20th-centuryboy wrote:To reduce the file size of a photo on your iMac simply open it in the application "Preview" and when you go to the save as JPEG dialog box adjust the quality slider to less quality and you will see the new file size shown before you click save. However it will overwrite your original file if you do not change it's name! Hope this helps?

20boy - welcome to the forum Any Whitefriars Dilly Duck experts in tonight? 124209 and thanks Any Whitefriars Dilly Duck experts in tonight? 392322

xx

skay
skay
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Wadersloh October 24th 2010, 12:02 pm

Hi lyndhurst44
You can easily resize photos with the freeware Gimp. It is nearly as good as the professional software Photoshop. Gimp works on Mac as well as PC. There are great tuts on youtube and on the Gimp web page

www.gimp.org/tutorials/Lite_Quickies/
Wadersloh
Wadersloh

Male Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2010-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by lyndhurst44 November 1st 2010, 9:26 am

It's taken ages but I think I may have got the GIMP sorted now.
Thanks Waderslow.
lyndhurst44
lyndhurst44

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum