I'm trying to find a particular painting/artist.

3 posters

Go down

I'm trying to find a particular painting/artist. Empty I'm trying to find a particular painting/artist.

Post by fuzzydemon October 12th 2010, 2:05 pm

Hi! I thought this forum would be a good place to post my questing seeing how it has a worldwide audience.

In approximately 1990 I saw a painting in The Artist's magazine of, what I recall, a watercolor titled "Cupcats."

The painting was of a kitchen table or counter that had some cupcakes on it and the frosting was done in the shape of cats. I had cut out the image but lost it some time ago and I've never been able to find the painting or artist information again. I contacted The Artist's magazine about 10 years ago and they wouldn't help me.

Would anyone that reads this happen to know about the painting? I know it's a very long shot but it never hurts to ask. Thank you.
fuzzydemon
fuzzydemon

Male Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2010-10-06

Back to top Go down

I'm trying to find a particular painting/artist. Empty Re: I'm trying to find a particular painting/artist.

Post by Thesigeng October 12th 2010, 5:56 pm

Is this it?

http://www.renegadehandmade.com/index.php?main_page=popup_image&pID=3646

Maybe looks familiar but not on a table top.
Thesigeng
Thesigeng

Male Number of posts : 287
Registration date : 2010-07-07

Back to top Go down

I'm trying to find a particular painting/artist. Empty Re: I'm trying to find a particular painting/artist.

Post by dantheman October 13th 2010, 12:53 pm

when I go to ceramic fairs there are always sellers of that magazine with back copies from the year you are interest in,unfortunately the next fair is in the summer

Consultant
Consultant

Male Number of posts : 15414
Registration date : 2008-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post by fuzzydemon February 4th 2013, 3:52 pm

I finally found the work. It is on page 25 of the November 1991 issue of The Artist's magazine.

Still Life With Cupcats by Jamie S. Perry.

I'm trying to find a particular painting/artist. Cupcats
fuzzydemon
fuzzydemon

Male Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2010-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by dantheman February 4th 2013, 4:25 pm

over two years later but you got there! Clap Most Excellent

Consultant
Consultant

Male Number of posts : 15414
Registration date : 2008-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum