Julius Dressler Biela, Bohemia, Austria

4 posters

Go down

Julius Dressler Biela, Bohemia, Austria Empty Julius Dressler Biela, Bohemia, Austria

Post by lost and or confused October 12th 2010, 10:06 pm

Hello everyone,   I have this green squat vase, and I have been through about 14 books looking for this silly little thing!  I am at a loss.  It has two impressions on it; One says Austria 767, and the other looks like a crown.  Im pretty confident its early 20th century bcause I found it in a box with several Grueby and McCoy vases that all dated 1900-1920.  This was the only one not from the states. Like I said, I am at a huge loos and if anyone has information or knowledge on austrian pottery, it would be wonderful!

Thank You sooooooo much,

Adam

Julius Dressler Biela, Bohemia, Austria 1up_0110

Julius Dressler Biela, Bohemia, Austria 1up_0111
lost and or confused
lost and or confused

Male Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2010-10-12

Back to top Go down

Julius Dressler Biela, Bohemia, Austria Empty Re: Julius Dressler Biela, Bohemia, Austria

Post by dantheman October 13th 2010, 12:47 pm

the style suggests to me it was made in the 1930's

Consultant
Consultant

Male Number of posts : 15416
Registration date : 2008-02-03

Back to top Go down

Julius Dressler Biela, Bohemia, Austria Empty Re: Julius Dressler Biela, Bohemia, Austria

Post by lost and or confused October 14th 2010, 4:30 am

Thanks for the suggestion. It gives me an idea of where to start. I am assuming Austrian pottery isn't highly collected since books are pretty vague on Austrian markings. Maybe this is a piece I should just hold on to.

lost and or confused
lost and or confused

Back to top Go down

Post by big ed October 14th 2010, 2:42 pm

Jugendstil was the name in germany , the number 7 on the vase is not crossed , anybody know when that came in vogue?.
big ed
big ed

Male Number of posts : 11942
Registration date : 2008-03-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Jakjo October 14th 2010, 11:34 pm

Julius Dressler Biela, Bohemia, Austria (Bela, Czech Republic ), not fully marked.
Jakjo
Jakjo

Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2010-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by lost and or confused October 15th 2010, 7:43 pm

Thanks Jakjo! I am in your debt. I would have been looking for that for a long time. Im new to pottery collecting and don't have too much experience with markings. Thanks again everyone!
lost and or confused
lost and or confused

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum