Bronze / brass candlestick Art Deco? Pyramid mark

3 posters

Go down

Bronze / brass candlestick Art Deco? Pyramid mark Empty Bronze / brass candlestick Art Deco? Pyramid mark

Post by orangefrog October 26th 2010, 6:14 pm

Hi there.
I bought this candlestick at a car boot sale in Germany about 15 years ago. My boyfriend at the time thought I was nuts to pay 15DM (about £5 at that time) for it but I liked it then and like it still.

Bronze / brass candlestick Art Deco? Pyramid mark Img_0410

Bronze / brass candlestick Art Deco? Pyramid mark Img_0411

Bronze / brass candlestick Art Deco? Pyramid mark Img_0412

It stands about 21cm tall, weighs a massive 1300g and has a rosy golden glow to it - in my ignorance I don't know whether it's brass, bronze or something else. It's well made yet roughly made at the same time as if it wasn't meant to be perfect.
It has a mark on the base of what looks like a pyramid with the sun behind it, with rows of zigzag lines going up the pyramid. The mark is tiny, only about 0.5cm high and the photo was the best I could do. Even looking through a magnifying glass it's not much clearer.
I'd be grateful for any information at all about it, thanks.
orangefrog
orangefrog

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2010-03-17

Back to top Go down

Bronze / brass candlestick Art Deco? Pyramid mark Empty Re: Bronze / brass candlestick Art Deco? Pyramid mark

Post by big ed October 26th 2010, 7:43 pm

I don't know anything about metal marks , but it looks great , I could imagine a pair would be stunning , very arts and crafts look about it , but if it is a pyramid and sun , well..............egypt would be a logical start Shock
big ed
big ed

Male Number of posts : 11942
Registration date : 2008-03-22

Back to top Go down

Bronze / brass candlestick Art Deco? Pyramid mark Empty Re: Bronze / brass candlestick Art Deco? Pyramid mark

Post by dantheman October 26th 2010, 7:53 pm

Mexico and Greece also

Consultant
Consultant

Male Number of posts : 15414
Registration date : 2008-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post by orangefrog October 26th 2010, 8:04 pm

Er, well that's narrowed it down then, thanks Laughter

...not to forget most of the rest of the globe which seems to be festooned with them as well. It could be a long search!
orangefrog
orangefrog

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2010-03-17

Back to top Go down

Post by dantheman October 26th 2010, 8:07 pm

yes I just found out we have them in the UK (but no sun)

Consultant
Consultant

Male Number of posts : 15414
Registration date : 2008-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum