More Information On My Wirkkala Vase - Iittala "Pear"

2 posters

Go down

More Information On My Wirkkala Vase - Iittala "Pear" Empty More Information On My Wirkkala Vase - Iittala "Pear"

Post by leoncamp318 February 15th 2011, 11:07 pm

I have owned this vase for a few years now . It was given to me from my aunt who didn't care for it. . I loved the style of it and how unique it was so I took it and added to my collection. I had never done any research on it until now . The only thing I know is from what is etched on the vase . The etching claims it is a Tapio Wirkkala from Iittala . It measures approximately 6.75" in height and 5.63" in width .  Other than that I no nothing about it . It has no numbers etched on the vase either . I have tried to search for items similar to this one and have found nothing . Any information on it will to greatly appreciated . I have included some pictues of the vase and the etching .

[img]img]"

[img]img]"
leoncamp318
leoncamp318

Male Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2011-02-15

Back to top Go down

More Information On My Wirkkala Vase - Iittala "Pear" Empty Re: More Information On My Wirkkala Vase - Iittala "Pear"

Post by Nic February 15th 2011, 11:23 pm

The design is called 'Pear', and dates from 1951.

Last edited by Nic on February 15th 2011, 11:28 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Making assertions without checking the facts. Silly me.)
Nic
Nic
Administrator
Administrator

Male Number of posts : 2392
Registration date : 2008-03-21

http://www.wilsonandcoleman.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum