Where to sell Eva Zeisel and Ben Seibel?

3 posters

Go down

Where to sell Eva Zeisel and Ben Seibel? Empty Where to sell Eva Zeisel and Ben Seibel?

Post by Sherry August 6th 2011, 4:38 pm

[I accidentally posted this question in the Lava Lounge as well, and perhaps that is the best place for it. Apologies for cross-posting. I haven't figured out how to delete posts.]

I have some mid-century ceramics that I am thinking about selling.
I have several pieces from Eva Zeisel's Hallmark Collection (mostly Sunglow but a few other pieces as well) and some Ben Seibel Iroquois collection (mostly Frolic and a few Lazy Daisy). I am thinking about selling this stuff, but have no idea where the best place to do this is. I know I can list it on Ebay, but is that really the best venue? Are there other options that make more sense or where I will do better in terms of the value of this stuff? I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Sherry
Sherry

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2010-07-31

Back to top Go down

Where to sell Eva Zeisel and Ben Seibel? Empty Re: Where to sell Eva Zeisel and Ben Seibel?

Post by big ed August 6th 2011, 5:14 pm

I would put some of it on Ebay ( possibly with a reserve you are happy with ) and see how it goes from there , it might give you a general idea to that market , Ed
big ed
big ed

Male Number of posts : 11942
Registration date : 2008-03-22

Back to top Go down

Where to sell Eva Zeisel and Ben Seibel? Empty Re: Where to sell Eva Zeisel and Ben Seibel?

Post by studio-pots August 6th 2011, 6:26 pm

I think Ed is right, I have friends who live part of the time in Canada and they say that the auctions there are only really geared up for traditional antiques. It means that they are able to get bargains.

They are in Vancouver rather than Montreal, which might make a difference but maybe you are the best judge of that.

Consultant
Consultant

Male Number of posts : 7815
Registration date : 2011-02-17

http://www.studio-pots.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sherry August 8th 2011, 8:36 pm

Thank you both so much for your thoughts on this. I really appreciate it.
Sherry
Sherry

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2010-07-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum