Rye style preserve pot - any Id ideas please

4 posters

Go down

Rye style preserve pot - any Id ideas please Empty Rye style preserve pot - any Id ideas please

Post by vanmann August 31st 2011, 4:18 pm

I bought this thinking it looked a bit like Rye or Iden and then thought mark was possibly IDEN with a liner through (a second perhaps) but then realised that Iden is pottery not potteries. Would appreciate any thoughts on this please. John

Rye style preserve pot - any Id ideas please Potter22

Rye style preserve pot - any Id ideas please Potter23
vanmann
vanmann

Male Number of posts : 610
Registration date : 2010-04-19

Back to top Go down

Rye style preserve pot - any Id ideas please Empty Re: Rye style preserve pot - any Id ideas please

Post by Potty August 31st 2011, 10:26 pm

Looks a bit like some Isle of Man pottery?

Slight Joe Lester look to it, but I highly doubt it, unless it was another IOW potter who had been influenced by him, as many were.

Potty
Potty

Number of posts : 3675
Registration date : 2010-09-28

Back to top Go down

Rye style preserve pot - any Id ideas please Empty Re: Rye style preserve pot - any Id ideas please

Post by Jakjo August 31st 2011, 10:29 pm

Fen Potteries?
Jakjo
Jakjo

Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2010-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Potty Primate September 1st 2011, 1:23 am

Jacko could be onto something. There's a F.E.N. listed in Godden, no info except it was seen on pottery from the 1950 period made at Huntingdon, Cambs, (which is home to some of the east coast fenland which runs up as far as Yorkshire to meet the moors).
Potty Primate
Potty Primate

Male Number of posts : 345
Registration date : 2011-04-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Potty September 1st 2011, 4:06 pm

I actually saw an item by fen pottery today and the mark was different, but the style was very close if not the same.

Potty
Potty

Number of posts : 3675
Registration date : 2010-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum