Help! Anyone recognize an ITALY mark?!

3 posters

Go down

Help! Anyone recognize an ITALY mark?! Empty Help! Anyone recognize an ITALY mark?!

Post by designerstubble September 14th 2011, 1:40 pm

Hello
Does anyone possibly recognize this mark... I've had this set for about 20 years, thought I'd better find out about it before I put it in the charity shop bag (I was once told many moons ago that it had an interesting mark!). I'm afraid I have no idea about such things, I'd appreciate any help here.

Many grateful thanks
Kimmy
Help! Anyone recognize an ITALY mark?! Cimg5715

designerstubble
designerstubble

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2011-09-14

Back to top Go down

Help! Anyone recognize an ITALY mark?! Empty Re: Help! Anyone recognize an ITALY mark?!

Post by dantheman September 14th 2011, 1:44 pm

Hi Kimmy,
If you post a pic of your set someone might recognise the style but often the marks don't help much with Italian studio

Last edited by dantheman on September 14th 2011, 2:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

Consultant
Consultant

Male Number of posts : 15414
Registration date : 2008-02-03

Back to top Go down

Help! Anyone recognize an ITALY mark?! Empty Re: Help! Anyone recognize an ITALY mark?!

Post by designerstubble September 14th 2011, 2:02 pm

Help! Anyone recognize an ITALY mark?! Cimg5719

hopefully this will help! as you can see i'm an expert! NOT!
cheers
kimmy
designerstubble
designerstubble

Back to top Go down

Post by big ed September 14th 2011, 2:14 pm

The trouble with a lot of these italian pieces is that they are notoriously difficult to pinpoint the origin of, some like bitossi and bertoncelo are a little more obvious and may carry labels but for the most part the ceramics have just "ITALy" and little else and hence go into the category "The tomb of the unknown potteries"
big ed
big ed

Male Number of posts : 11942
Registration date : 2008-03-22

Back to top Go down

Post by designerstubble September 15th 2011, 2:27 pm

I had a feeling someone might say that! Well, thanks for looking and trying to help. It's a 'pretty cup' etc that I've kept for about 25 years just in case! But it's not really my thing, looks as though the charity shop beckons!
Thanks again, oh and er, great website! I might have found a new hobby!
designerstubble
designerstubble

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum