SB in circle backstamp on studio plate/dish

5 posters

Go down

SB in circle backstamp on studio plate/dish Empty SB in circle backstamp on studio plate/dish

Post by rhiwfield November 18th 2011, 7:09 pm

Hi, new here and in need of help. Have spent hours trying to identify pottery/potter of this plate/dish. The stamp is SB in a circle, while the plate someone likened to Leach. Any ideas gratefully welcomed.

SB in circle backstamp on studio plate/dish 026

SB in circle backstamp on studio plate/dish 027
rhiwfield
rhiwfield

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2011-11-18

https://www.penllyncollectables.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

SB in circle backstamp on studio plate/dish Empty Re: SB in circle backstamp on studio plate/dish

Post by skay November 19th 2011, 6:25 pm

Hi rhiwfieldm - welcome SB in circle backstamp on studio plate/dish 124209

I missed this sorry, so BUMP

xx

big ed wrote:Burt lancaster spat on me Sad

brin mcardle wrote:Probably no surprise...I love this

Taylor Thomas wrote:Have you got enough quotes Sue?

l33ham180 wrote:the wife wants massive

NaomiM wrote:...didn't even have the excuse it was for charity. Just liked his balls. Cheeky

dantheman wrote:I think it's shit

22 Crawford St. wrote:No one likes clowns.

skay
skay
Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 3351
Registration date : 2008-02-03

Back to top Go down

SB in circle backstamp on studio plate/dish Empty Re: SB in circle backstamp on studio plate/dish

Post by rhiwfield November 20th 2011, 1:00 pm

This probably doesnt help at all but the pottery that was found with this included an Odney bowl, a sheldon pin dish, some Dragon Pottery (Rhayader), a Boscastle mocha ware glazed vase + 2 unknown studio pieces, one of which I think I may know but it doesnt fit with listed marks. I'll post separately on that as it may be of interest here.

The studio plate has a 10" diameter and weighs 1kg!! Have now spent a few more hours looking, no further on Sad
rhiwfield
rhiwfield

Back to top Go down

Post by rhiwfield November 23rd 2011, 6:52 pm

Just a final bump!

Any potters known with SB as initials, maybe with an early mark of SB in circle?

Shades of Leach?
rhiwfield
rhiwfield

Back to top Go down

Post by Potty Primate November 24th 2011, 1:02 am

There's a Shirley Bracewell, Drymen Pottery. Have a look at item 120811511104 in completed listings on ebay.
Potty Primate
Potty Primate

Male Number of posts : 345
Registration date : 2011-04-23

Back to top Go down

Post by big ed November 24th 2011, 8:31 am

trouble is that listing is incorrect , I have had drymen pottery in scotland and that's not one of hers .
big ed
big ed

Male Number of posts : 11942
Registration date : 2008-03-22

Back to top Go down

Post by studio-pots November 24th 2011, 9:29 am

I think that I had a similar plate years ago but was never successful in finding out who it was by. It doesn't match in style or period with any potter, with the initials SB, that I know of.

The problem is that it was probably made in the 1960s/1970s and this mark is not recorded in any sources that I know. The only way that it is likely to be identified is if the potter, a descendant or someone who bought from the potter at the time sees this image. It is worth sticking the images here and who knows.

Consultant
Consultant

Male Number of posts : 7817
Registration date : 2011-02-17

http://www.studio-pots.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rhiwfield November 24th 2011, 8:53 pm

Thanks all. Your help is much appreciated.
rhiwfield
rhiwfield

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum