NaomiM
brin mcardle
big ed
studio-pots
bistoboy
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Pamela Nash (see also Ernest Collyer) - Page 2 Empty Re: Pamela Nash (see also Ernest Collyer)

Post by 22 Crawford St. September 9th 2022, 6:24 pm

Or perhaps the piece it made and then refried with just the glass added to melt at lower temperature?
22 Crawford St.
22 Crawford St.

Male Number of posts : 5607
Registration date : 2009-12-19

http://www.briglin.com

Back to top Go down

Pamela Nash (see also Ernest Collyer) - Page 2 Empty Re: Pamela Nash (see also Ernest Collyer)

Post by NaomiM September 9th 2022, 6:50 pm

I suspect it was cullet (recycled) glass pieces. Either bottle glass or bought from a supplier. It was quite popular at the time

Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 31536
Registration date : 2012-05-15

http://bispm.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Potty September 9th 2022, 7:45 pm

You can pretty much use any coloured glass to do it, no real risk of it running given the way these were made. Does not need to be in powder form, chunks are fine, some potters use those glass pebbles people put in vases, fish tanks etc, as they offer a good choice of colours and are already about the right size.

Potty
Potty

Number of posts : 3674
Registration date : 2010-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post by cycladelic September 11th 2022, 4:50 am

22 Crawford St. wrote:Or perhaps the piece it made and then refried with just the glass added to melt at lower temperature?

Here are photos of the front, back and base of one vase.

There doesn't appear to be any collection or run at the bottom of the glazed parts.

Pamela Nash (see also Ernest Collyer) - Page 2 Img_1011Pamela Nash (see also Ernest Collyer) - Page 2 Img_1012Pamela Nash (see also Ernest Collyer) - Page 2 Img_1013
cycladelic
cycladelic

Male Number of posts : 548
Registration date : 2012-11-02

Back to top Go down

Post by cycladelic February 10th 2023, 8:55 am

Seven pieces of Pamela's aere included in the exhibition here in Taiwan...

Pamela Nash (see also Ernest Collyer) - Page 2 Img_3921
Pamela Nash (see also Ernest Collyer) - Page 2 Img_3922
cycladelic
cycladelic

Back to top Go down

Post by Potteryman February 13th 2023, 12:37 am

Very nice indeed ……need to move that small vase to the right a bit it’s messing with my OCD….I have just bought an unusual piece to add to the collection I will post images as soon as it arrives….
Potteryman
Potteryman

Number of posts : 156
Registration date : 2017-08-30

Back to top Go down

Post by cycladelic February 13th 2023, 12:06 pm

Potteryman wrote:Very nice indeed ……need to move that small vase to the right a bit it’s messing with my OCD….I have just bought an unusual piece to add to the collection I will post images as soon as it arrives….

I set everything up very fast and went back to adjust things, but there are heavy glass covers on the plinths now - as you can see. Having said that, the right-side vase seems OK to me. Where would you shift it to?

I look forward to seeing the latest addition to your collection.
cycladelic
cycladelic

Back to top Go down

Post by Potteryman February 15th 2023, 1:13 pm

My newest Pamela Nash piece and a shape variation I haven’t yet seen but I’m sure she may have produced some wonderful items yet to come to the market…..a flower brick ….posted with the smaller version for scale…it measure 6”x4”…..marked with incised PN.Pamela Nash (see also Ernest Collyer) - Page 2 0818bb10
Pamela Nash (see also Ernest Collyer) - Page 2 7db90410
Pamela Nash (see also Ernest Collyer) - Page 2 03832110
Potteryman
Potteryman

Back to top Go down

Post by Potteryman April 6th 2023, 12:18 pm

Not seen a Pamela Nash vase without colour so thought I would post this and see if anyone else had come across any….this one has a glazed interior….marked PM Pamela Nash (see also Ernest Collyer) - Page 2 F5a23910
Pamela Nash (see also Ernest Collyer) - Page 2 91e62b10
Pamela Nash (see also Ernest Collyer) - Page 2 Aca5a310
Potteryman
Potteryman

Back to top Go down

Post by studio-pots April 6th 2023, 12:33 pm

I haven't come across a piece of their work for years but back in the 1990s I use to see a fair amount of it and certainly saw pieces like this.

My assumption was that they were a forerunner of the "colour glass" glazes pieces but I never came across any outlet that had sold their work on the regular basis to be able to ask.

Consultant
Consultant

Male Number of posts : 7813
Registration date : 2011-02-17

http://www.studio-pots.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum