More Early 20th Century Copper

3 posters

Go down

More Early 20th Century Copper Empty More Early 20th Century Copper

Post by lorrgeno December 10th 2012, 1:34 am

Another piece of vintage copper this one stamped with "Schubert" on the back a very shallow bowl 8" across 2" deep
Very primitive, hand forged..I think.
Another piece from the same lot of 5 pieces I found at the Goodwill
More Early 20th Century Copper Img_3413More Early 20th Century Copper Img_3415i=50&u=17854708]More Early 20th Century Copper Img_3414[/url]
lorrgeno
lorrgeno

Female Number of posts : 123
Registration date : 2012-10-14

Back to top Go down

More Early 20th Century Copper Empty Re: More Early 20th Century Copper

Post by NaomiM December 10th 2012, 7:59 am

A similar bowl was mentioned on the Worthpoint website. If you search "SCHUBERT 8 INCH HAMMERED ROLLED RIM COPPER BOWL" you should find it. There is a little info there about a Schubert foundry in the US, but this bowl looks handbeaten in the Arts & Crafts style, so it's more likely to have come from a workshop than a foundry. They mention a value in the article, but I doubt you'd get a tenth of that for this bowl.

Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 31475
Registration date : 2012-05-15

http://bispm.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by lorrgeno December 10th 2012, 1:05 pm

NaomiM wrote:A similar bowl was mentioned on the Worthpoint website. If you search "SCHUBERT 8 INCH HAMMERED ROLLED RIM COPPER BOWL" you should find it. There is a little info there about a Schubert foundry in the US, but this bowl looks handbeaten in the Arts & Crafts style, so it's more likely to have come from a workshop than a foundry. They mention a value in the article, but I doubt you'd get a tenth of that for this bowl.

I saw the Worthpoint site myself. That was it. I think tht auction was from 2008 so I was surprised nothing else has come up on him since then.
I don't come here looking for a value just background. I see enough on sites like ebay to know that these buyers would rarely pay a premium for something really good.
Too bad Google search isn't so great any more
Thanks Naomi
lorrgeno
lorrgeno

Back to top Go down

Post by NaomiM December 10th 2012, 1:29 pm

Google's search facility used to be far better before ebay started deleting listings more than 3 months old. And some of the photo and blog hosting sites have gone down, or delete after 12 months if there's been no activity on the webpages.
Such a shame that all that reference info is being lost.
NaomiM
NaomiM
Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 31475
Registration date : 2012-05-15

http://bispm.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by lorrgeno December 10th 2012, 6:58 pm

I actually went to the library today, I place I haven't been to in yrs. I owed them $8.00 from before 2003..thankfully there was no interest compounded on it.
I spend hours looking through the reference books..so much to look at with so little time. I have so much I want to look at. I forgot what a fabulous place it is
lorrgeno
lorrgeno

Back to top Go down

Post by gr8improvement February 3rd 2014, 1:20 am

Schubert copper was hand hammered by either George, Paul Or Bob Schubert. Starting with George and Paul In Houghton Michigan then moving to Paul and Bob in Bay City Mi. George 1883-1964 Paul 1919-1990 Bob 1958- present
gr8improvement
gr8improvement

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2014-01-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum