Unusual Royal Bavarian Porcelian Mark

2 posters

Go down

Unusual Royal Bavarian Porcelian Mark Empty Unusual Royal Bavarian Porcelian Mark

Post by BestBuyer11 Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:05 pm

I have a cobalt blue double handled cake plate with gold edging and a scene in middle. Half of the mark has worn from back but I can make out Royal Bavarian China in a circle around a KM over the number 8. Above the circle is a crown and under is printed Germany. This stamp is in green.
There is an additional blue stamp with what looks like two cursive letters and in red is a 6 (about 2 inches away). My research has not turned up this Bavarian makers mark. Please help!
Unusual Royal Bavarian Porcelian Mark Bavari10Unusual Royal Bavarian Porcelian Mark Bavari11Unusual Royal Bavarian Porcelian Mark Bavari12
BestBuyer11
BestBuyer11

Female Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2013-03-19

Back to top Go down

Unusual Royal Bavarian Porcelian Mark Empty Re: Unusual Royal Bavarian Porcelian Mark

Post by NaomiM Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:10 pm

Most current day markings will actually say "Royal Bavarian China," as well as the country in which it was made. For instance, the Royal Bayreuth is a green stamp in the shape of a circle with a crown on top. It has the words Royal Bavarian China and Germany within the stamp.

So probably a late 20th Century piece.

Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 31473
Registration date : 2012-05-15

http://bispm.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Unusual Royal Bavarian Porcelian Mark Empty Re: Unusual Royal Bavarian Porcelian Mark

Post by NaomiM Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:11 pm

Actually, delete 'late'. Made some time in the 20th Century.

Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 31473
Registration date : 2012-05-15

http://bispm.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum