Camel and rider teapot - Wood Potters of Burslem

4 posters

Go down

Camel and rider teapot - Wood Potters of Burslem Empty Camel and rider teapot - Wood Potters of Burslem

Post by brin mcardle April 28th 2013, 9:00 pm

Camel and rider teapot - Wood Potters of Burslem Barbad22

Camel and rider teapot - Wood Potters of Burslem Barbad24
brin mcardle
brin mcardle

Number of posts : 2717
Registration date : 2011-06-18

Back to top Go down

Camel and rider teapot - Wood Potters of Burslem Empty Re: Camel and rider teapot - Wood Potters of Burslem

Post by NaomiM April 28th 2013, 9:33 pm

I know Tony Wood copied it in the 80s, but this might be an earlier Arthur Wood piece from the 20-30s

Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 31481
Registration date : 2012-05-15

http://bispm.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Camel and rider teapot - Wood Potters of Burslem Empty Re: Camel and rider teapot - Wood Potters of Burslem

Post by NaomiM April 28th 2013, 9:46 pm

The Tony wood ones have Tony Wood Staffordshire England on the base, so this must be an earlier Arthur Wood one.
Currently one of these listed on ebay as Wood potters of burslem staffordshire Camel Teapot

Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 31481
Registration date : 2012-05-15

http://bispm.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Potty April 28th 2013, 9:56 pm

As I understand it "Wood Potters of Burslem" came after "Tony Wood" and used some of the former moulds.

Also as far as I know, "Arthur Wood" and "Tony Wood" have no real connection? Tony Wood I believe was following on from Wood and Sons / H J Wood?

I may have got it muddled up, it's ages since I knew anything about this type of ceramics.

Potty
Potty

Number of posts : 3674
Registration date : 2010-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post by studio-pots April 28th 2013, 10:41 pm

Potty's right "Wood Potters of Burslem" was registered as a company on 10th July 1995 and appear to still be trading. So it might be 20th century!

Consultant
Consultant

Male Number of posts : 7817
Registration date : 2011-02-17

http://www.studio-pots.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum