Glass paperweights, Pig and Elephant, signed A.H.

3 posters

Go down

Glass paperweights, Pig and Elephant, signed A.H. Empty Glass paperweights, Pig and Elephant, signed A.H.

Post by Redware June 12th 2013, 6:50 pm

I have 2 nice paperweights but not sure who made it. The swirl inside looks like Caithness but I'm not sure. 
Both pieces are signed A.H. Any help would be great.
Thanks
Simon

Glass paperweights, Pig and Elephant, signed A.H. Img_2610

Glass paperweights, Pig and Elephant, signed A.H. Img_2611

Glass paperweights, Pig and Elephant, signed A.H. Img_2612
Redware
Redware

Male Number of posts : 210
Registration date : 2012-11-08

Back to top Go down

Glass paperweights, Pig and Elephant, signed A.H. Empty Re: Glass paperweights, Pig and Elephant, signed A.H.

Post by rosieposie August 17th 2013, 4:26 pm

Hi are you certain they are signed AH, not AA? Could they be Adam Aaronson's work?
rosieposie
rosieposie

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2011-08-19

Back to top Go down

Glass paperweights, Pig and Elephant, signed A.H. Empty Re: Glass paperweights, Pig and Elephant, signed A.H.

Post by NaomiM August 17th 2013, 4:44 pm

There's an elephant by Adam Aaronson on the British Museum shop website, but it doesn't look the same as the one above. And his Aaronson Noon Glass company seems to have a U with a dot inside as their mark.

Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 31473
Registration date : 2012-05-15

http://bispm.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by NaomiM August 17th 2013, 4:53 pm

I suspect they are by an individual glass maker local to you, rather than by a top studio like Caithness.

Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 31473
Registration date : 2012-05-15

http://bispm.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by rosieposie August 17th 2013, 5:48 pm

Please can we see the signature on the base of the blue pig? Adam made several small animals and rarely used the Aaronson Noon inverted U with the dot in the centre for these.
I have several of his elephants and three are the style you mention NaomiM, another three are a more modern rendition. The little pig has a quality to it that seems missing in the little elephant. Can you be certain that it is actually an elephant, there seem to be no ears to speak of? It would be good to see the other signature if possible please.
rosieposie
rosieposie

Back to top Go down

Post by Redware August 18th 2013, 5:19 pm

Ok, I've just taken a photograph of the signature underneath the blue pig. Definitely looks like A.H.
As to the other piece, it looks like an elephant since it has a trunk :) but you're right it has quite small ears.
Glass paperweights, Pig and Elephant, signed A.H. Img_9310
Glass paperweights, Pig and Elephant, signed A.H. Img_9311
Glass paperweights, Pig and Elephant, signed A.H. Img_9312
Glass paperweights, Pig and Elephant, signed A.H. Img_9313
Redware
Redware

Male Number of posts : 210
Registration date : 2012-11-08

Back to top Go down

Post by rosieposie August 19th 2013, 2:48 am

Thanks for all the extra pictures, and yes I agree that the letters are AH, so clearly not Adam's work...so onwards and upwards...I will keep looking for you.
rosieposie
rosieposie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum