Today's Find Zenaide Burke 1959 signed VASE ,Can really THE Zenaide Burke ?

3 posters

Go down

Today's Find Zenaide Burke 1959 signed VASE ,Can really THE Zenaide Burke ? Empty Today's Find Zenaide Burke 1959 signed VASE ,Can really THE Zenaide Burke ?

Post by Pin2 January 22nd 2014, 4:07 pm

The Story I find:
Zenaide

Zenaide Burke, child of the Court of the last Tsar who watched the Bolshevic Revolution  from her nursery window .....

Her earliest memories were of attending a Christening  in a private Chapel in the presence of Her Imperial Majesties Tsar Nicholas and Tsar Alexendra . The Empress whispered to the young girl how much she admired her auburn hair. Zenaide`s connection with the Royal Court came through her mother`s cousin Prince Felix Youssoupoff  who was married to Princess Irina.  Prince Youssoupoff was later involved in the killing of Rasputin.  As a young girl Zenaide witnessed the turmoil of the Revolution from a family house in Nijny  At first enthralled she watched from her window the revolution as she wore a long dress with a cord tied to show her solidarity with the revolution.  She wrote how the mob had been attacking the police station, She was shocked to see the doors broken down by the mob with the use of rifle butts .  Police had no more ammunition – no defence

When the doors gave way the crowd surged through the building like a flood policemen were dragged into the building and battered till the blood covered the snow.  I turned away she says feeling quite ill.  On one occasion a group of sailors broke into the family house Her mother was informed that the family were going to be thrown out of the house.  It was burnt to the ground.  It was when a group of sailors found a picture of Youssoupoff who had become a popular hero since Rasputin`s murder that they were left alone.  Zenaide`s experience in Russia ran the full gauntlet from being an imperial grandeur to becoming poverty strickenShe was able to leave Ireland at the age of 13 and settled in Ireland and never returned.  She was born Zenaide Bashkiroff on Feb 16th 1908 in St Petersburg the daughter of Alexis Alexendrovitch  Bashkiroff a captain in the first Fusilier Guards Regiment who became a Gentleman of the Tsar`s Chamber and Countess Zenaide Pavlovna Soumarokoff-Elston.

In 1914 her father was captured by the Germans at the battle of Tannenburg and Zenaide was sent to live with her grandmother Princess Marie-Alexandra Tchegodaiev-Sakonisky.  In 1921 she left Russia with her sister Zenia to join their  mother in Berlin where Zenaide went to school for a year. In 1923 the sisters went to Dublin to join their Irish Governess and were put into the care of their niece Monica Lea  Wilson a Doctor who paid for Zenaide`s schooling.  When Zenaide`s education was completed she joined her mother in Paris but she was unhappy there and returned to Ireland.  In 1929 she married James Burke a member of the first Parliament in Ireland.  He had been imprisoned by the British, Burke had taken part in the movement for Irish Independence, organizing Sinn Fein clubs, he was soon elected Sinn Fein member for mid Tipperary.  Zenaide Burke supervised the farming and supported him in his campaign.  He held this seat till 1938.  Soon after the end of the second world war Zenaide and her husband who was an implacable foe of Dev Valera (the Irish Prime Minister) left Ireland to live in England at Camberley.  After her husband`s death in 1967 Zenaide returned briefly to Dublin, but unable to settle came back to live in Tunbridge Wells.  Zenaide Burke was a determined and intelligent woman, towards the end of her life she published a lengthy article disproving the claim made by Prince Felix that their ancestor Felix Elston was born out of marriage.She loved talking about her early life in Russia and she had one daughter.
Zenaida Burke wrote memoirs in the 1960s..."Sickle and Harvest"

Today's Find Zenaide Burke 1959 signed VASE ,Can really THE Zenaide Burke ? Messen10

Today's Find Zenaide Burke 1959 signed VASE ,Can really THE Zenaide Burke ? Messen11

Today's Find Zenaide Burke 1959 signed VASE ,Can really THE Zenaide Burke ? Messen12
Pin2
Pin2

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2013-11-22

Back to top Go down

Today's Find Zenaide Burke 1959 signed VASE ,Can really THE Zenaide Burke ? Empty Re: Today's Find Zenaide Burke 1959 signed VASE ,Can really THE Zenaide Burke ?

Post by tenpot January 22nd 2014, 4:59 pm

looks like russian abstract art a bit like Kandinsky you shuld look out the memoirs
tenpot
tenpot

Male Number of posts : 2635
Registration date : 2008-06-07

http://aucoustier.blogspot.fr/

Back to top Go down

Today's Find Zenaide Burke 1959 signed VASE ,Can really THE Zenaide Burke ? Empty Re: Today's Find Zenaide Burke 1959 signed VASE ,Can really THE Zenaide Burke ?

Post by Pin2 January 22nd 2014, 5:15 pm

If i know how can i find them i really would like to look. But that is a almost showing that is her vase..
Pin2
Pin2

Back to top Go down

Post by Pin2 November 16th 2015, 11:51 am

After a years Finally i can confirm that pottery made by her as i find a document small document about how she is success as a ceramic artist!
Case Close
Pin2
Pin2

Back to top Go down

Post by dantheman November 16th 2015, 3:46 pm

I cant see the images? Shocked

Consultant
Consultant

Male Number of posts : 15416
Registration date : 2008-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Pin2 November 16th 2015, 3:49 pm

I post that 2 years ago possibly it is gone by time Jumping For Joy
Pin2
Pin2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum