Help to ID Studio Pottery - Possibly Aldo Londi ?

2 posters

Go down

Help to ID Studio Pottery - Possibly Aldo Londi ? Empty Help to ID Studio Pottery - Possibly Aldo Londi ?

Post by mjron September 26th 2016, 5:11 pm

Hi Everyone,

Hopefully, someone will recognize this signature.  Looks Italian, possibly Aldo Londi. Vey well finished, even the bottom is glazed in the pattern.  The initials look like a large n followed by an L, but that n might be an A without the cross bar - really just reaching.  Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Ron

Help to ID Studio Pottery - Possibly Aldo Londi ? Italia10
Help to ID Studio Pottery - Possibly Aldo Londi ? Italia11
mjron
mjron

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2009-10-11

Back to top Go down

Help to ID Studio Pottery - Possibly Aldo Londi ? Empty Re: Help to ID Studio Pottery - Possibly Aldo Londi ?

Post by NaomiM September 26th 2016, 7:43 pm

If it was Londi/Bitossi it would be signed Italy and have a retail number. The mark doesn't look like Italy to me, and there's no number, so I think the chances of it being Italian are very small. But you could try the Italian and Bitossi collectors group on Facebook if you want to double check. I don't recognise the pattern.

Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 31481
Registration date : 2012-05-15

http://bispm.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Help to ID Studio Pottery - Possibly Aldo Londi ? Empty Re: Help to ID Studio Pottery - Possibly Aldo Londi ?

Post by mjron September 26th 2016, 8:22 pm

Thanks Naomi,

I usually associate this black coloured clay with Italian pottery. Maybe it's seen on pottery originating elsewhere - does anyone know about that?

Ron

mjron
mjron

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2009-10-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum