happyhartd
sdnetterville
Hayley Krost1
dantheman
9 posters

Go down

Michelle Emblem Empty Michelle Emblem

Post by dantheman July 22nd 2008, 6:29 pm

I have had this piece for a year or so but have yet to find how it was made,cetainly metal foil was used but the rest remains a mystery.

Michelle Emblem 100_0050

Consultant
Consultant

Male Number of posts : 15419
Registration date : 2008-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayley Krost1 May 2nd 2009, 12:15 pm

My late Grandmother had this picture and I was keen to have it as a momento of her. However, my cousin got in there first and I have been searching the internet in the hope that I could buy another one. Have you come across any for sale or would you have any ideas where to look?
Hayley Krost1
Hayley Krost1

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2009-05-02

Back to top Go down

Michelle Emblem Empty Re: Michelle Emblem

Post by sdnetterville May 28th 2009, 9:34 pm

I have both the poppy nymph and the rose nymph. I too got them from my grandmother and I believe she got them on a trip either San Francsico or San Diego. I have not been able to find out much about the artist and would love to know more. I have the gold ones and have never seen anything written about them. They are only mentioned in silver. I am not sure what type of medium is used but know it does have foil. I wonder how she could have done these in mass. If anyone know's anything about them please let me know.
Sn
sdnetterville
sdnetterville

Registration date : 2009-05-28

Back to top Go down

Post by happyhartd May 31st 2009, 9:24 pm

I have had a 24" x 30" framed matted print of Poppy Nymph since 1978 and have never seen one like it. This is the first time I've ever sat down to look it up on the internet. It's interesting and kind of strange that nobody has information on the artist or the medium used to make it. Does anyone know the value of this?
happyhartd
happyhartd

Registration date : 2009-05-31

Back to top Go down

Post by thelmadavies July 27th 2009, 8:14 pm

Hi. I also have a Poppy nymph in gold by michelle emblem. It was a present I received approx 27 years ago. I have always wondered about the picture, who she was etc; anyone with information?
thelmadavies
thelmadavies

Registration date : 2009-07-27

Back to top Go down

Michelle Emblem Empty michelle emblem

Post by BritBoodle December 30th 2009, 4:16 am

I have a really nice piece of art by michelle emblem, that was left to me when my grandfather passed. Yet, in all honesty i know nothing about the artist or the painting and can find no information on her, other then she did work in the 20th century. Please if someone could tell me a little.
Thank you!Michelle Emblem 100_0012

https://i.servimg.com/u/f19/14/69/48/34/100_0012.jpg
BritBoodle
BritBoodle

Registration date : 2009-12-30

Back to top Go down

Michelle Emblem Empty A Pair of Michelle Emblem artworks in silver

Post by ajlholt April 25th 2016, 6:44 pm

I bought a pair of silver framed pictures in the late 70s or early 80s as I liked the dynamic effect of the reflections off the metal foil and they way they changed with viewing position. It seems there were gold and silver ones although I prefer the latter. I was going to sell them on Ebay when I decided to see if I could find out something about the artist and discovered this forum.

Some pictures are attached to show the detail. Does anyone know where would be the best place to try and sell them?

Michelle Emblem 1604zd18
Michelle Emblem 1604zd17
Michelle Emblem 1604zd16
Michelle Emblem Img_6716
Michelle Emblem Img_6718
Michelle Emblem Img_6717
ajlholt
ajlholt

Registration date : 2016-04-07

Back to top Go down

Michelle Emblem Empty Michelle Emblem info

Post by Viv Levinson October 15th 2021, 5:01 pm

I have just come across this forum! Michelle and I were best friends from the age of 4! We grew up in Newcastle upon Tyne and were together at school. We played at each other houses, we drew together, we danced together. She was a wonderful ballet dancer from a very young age and left our school to train at the Royal Ballet. She left after a few years to become the most wonderful artist, examples of which you are lucky to have. We renewed our friendship once married with children, by which time we had both moved South.
Sadly, she passed away far too young.
I am the proud owner of several of her pieces that she gave me in her latter days...3 paintings, book illustrations etc. I have letters from her written in her teens, and a drawing we did jointly at about 10 years old!
Viv Levinson
Viv Levinson

Registration date : 2021-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post by dantheman October 15th 2021, 5:06 pm

Hi Viv,
I would love to see the paintings and illustrations if you have time to add them to this thread

Consultant
Consultant

Male Number of posts : 15419
Registration date : 2008-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Debcleary August 10th 2023, 12:21 am

Hi everyone, I just found Poppy Nymph in a thrift store in Florida I paid $10, I knew as soon as I saw it that it was something special. The frame is not my cup of tea so I plan on getting it reframed.
Debcleary
Debcleary

Registration date : 2023-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum