Square Angel wall plate Scandinavian?

3 posters

Go down

Square Angel wall plate Scandinavian? Empty Square Angel wall plate Scandinavian?

Post by benwilliams April 10th 2021, 2:50 pm

6” wall plate, I’m unsure whether design is hand painted or screen printed. Seems a complex design to do individually by hand. Mark could be a kind of crowned G or, from another angle maybe Eo or E with spiral.
Looks 60s or 70s, Scandinavian perhaps.
Help! Thank you.
Square Angel wall plate Scandinavian? 00f1f110
Square Angel wall plate Scandinavian? C167ac10
Square Angel wall plate Scandinavian? 9e041810
benwilliams
benwilliams

Number of posts : 2332
Registration date : 2017-12-27

Back to top Go down

Square Angel wall plate Scandinavian? Empty Re: Square Angel wall plate Scandinavian?

Post by benwilliams April 10th 2021, 2:50 pm

Square Angel wall plate Scandinavian? C4e7fb10
Square Angel wall plate Scandinavian? B343e410
benwilliams
benwilliams

Back to top Go down

Square Angel wall plate Scandinavian? Empty Re: Square Angel wall plate Scandinavian?

Post by 22 Crawford St. April 10th 2021, 6:01 pm

Could well be 50s/60s with that white clay - all the rage after the war. My gut is that it's British that sorta shape is very Anne Wyn Reeves

https://www.pinterest.co.uk/pin/553661347940620427/
22 Crawford St.
22 Crawford St.

Male Number of posts : 5607
Registration date : 2009-12-19

http://www.briglin.com

Back to top Go down

Post by benwilliams April 10th 2021, 7:53 pm

Thank you so much. Had a good look at Kenneth Quick and Ann Wynn Reeves pottery - I’ve no experience with their work but they certainly made lovely things. I couldn’t see any angels though. I wonder if the back mark is the painter or just a mark on blanks bought in. Im really hoping someone else will recognise the style or mark.
benwilliams
benwilliams

Back to top Go down

Post by NaomiM April 10th 2021, 8:36 pm

I think Scandinavian is more likely. My first thought was it might be Ann Wrightson but the back is wrong and not her mark

Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 31598
Registration date : 2012-05-15

http://bispm.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by benwilliams April 10th 2021, 9:54 pm

Yes, I thought Ann Wrightson as the design is similar colours. The rim pattern is similar to other plates in the Mallams sale link for K Quick and Wynn Reeves. The back reminds me of other Scandinavian wall plates. Mark could be AMG or MG
benwilliams
benwilliams

Back to top Go down

Post by benwilliams November 10th 2021, 8:56 am

Still no luck finding this one. I’ve looked under wall plates and colours for separate Scandinavian countries. Thought I’d put it out here again just in case, as it’s that angel time of year.
benwilliams
benwilliams

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum