WOOLLEY AND WALLIS studio pottery auctions

4 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

WOOLLEY AND WALLIS studio pottery auctions - Page 2 Empty Re: WOOLLEY AND WALLIS studio pottery auctions

Post by philpot March 22nd 2024, 7:03 pm

There was also Mallams in Oxford of course. It has always been a pain on the neck to drive from Cambridge to Oxford! Never understood why any of the smaller London auctions never tried Studio Pottery in a big way. Chiswick and Rosebery's dabbled a bit. But nothing big.
philpot
philpot

Number of posts : 6432
Registration date : 2010-11-06

Back to top Go down

WOOLLEY AND WALLIS studio pottery auctions - Page 2 Empty Re: WOOLLEY AND WALLIS studio pottery auctions

Post by croker March 22nd 2024, 7:31 pm

The opportunities for any auction rooms at present to make a name for themselves in studio pottery sales i think is very slim, it seems that the bulk of goods gravitate too a tiny handful of rooms and i don't think this will change much. The last time i bought in one of the places you mentioned i found it near impossible to find anyone that was willing to collect and post. Tennant's have a large studio pottery sale coming up in June, perhaps this could be a chance for them to enter the market in a bigger way.
croker
croker

Number of posts : 675
Registration date : 2021-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by philpot March 22nd 2024, 9:11 pm

Come to think of it I suppose it is only those auctioneers who classfied themselves as 'Fine Art' auctioneers who have done well at studio. Presumably because they already had the marketing and distribution experience.
philpot
philpot

Number of posts : 6432
Registration date : 2010-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum