Festival of Antiques, Peterborough, Easter 7th - 8th April to be the last

5 posters

Go down

Festival of Antiques, Peterborough, Easter 7th - 8th April to be the last Empty Festival of Antiques, Peterborough, Easter 7th - 8th April to be the last

Post by NaomiM March 18th 2023, 2:42 pm

Just read that the Festival of Antiques at Peterborough this Easter is to be the last one because the site is being redeveloped for housing.

https://www.antiquestradegazette.com/news/2023/easter-s-festival-of-antiques-at-peterborough-to-be-the-last/?fbclid=IwAR1bTi0MWK0hIAuVoniuwqTwiIS37By7WjLEhuzC_rS8wOIZyEV7p-Es9YI

Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 31544
Registration date : 2012-05-15

http://bispm.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Festival of Antiques, Peterborough, Easter 7th - 8th April to be the last Empty Re: Festival of Antiques, Peterborough, Easter 7th - 8th April to be the last

Post by philpot March 18th 2023, 5:16 pm

A pity, but probably not unexpected. That is a prime site in Petetrboough. You can build a great deal of housing on 160 acres, making a great deal of money!
philpot
philpot

Number of posts : 6433
Registration date : 2010-11-06

Back to top Go down

Festival of Antiques, Peterborough, Easter 7th - 8th April to be the last Empty Re: Festival of Antiques, Peterborough, Easter 7th - 8th April to be the last

Post by ppcollectables March 19th 2023, 3:22 pm

I am usually in the large building just beyond the cattle sheds but we were told it was now unavailable only about 2- 3 weeks ago. I then had an email last week saying that the Easter fair would be the last one. Not sure how much of the site will be houses or which buildings will be kept for shows. Hopefully there will be enough parking available. I am now in the 'Cambridge suite'. Shame it is the last fair but I wasn't surprised when I got the email.
Hopefully it will be good weather and extra busy.
ppcollectables
ppcollectables

Number of posts : 420
Registration date : 2009-05-31

Back to top Go down

Post by philpot March 19th 2023, 9:09 pm

About 1600 homes apparently
philpot
philpot

Number of posts : 6433
Registration date : 2010-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post by ppcollectables April 3rd 2023, 7:21 pm

Only 4 days togo to the last Peterborough fair. Lets hope the weather stays dry. I think it will be busy and I , like many stallholders, will be bringing as wide a range of pcs as possible. Some new and interesting Inuit pcs along with Poole et al. Might also bring a John Ward vase.
Hope to see you in the Cambridge Suite.
ppcollectables
ppcollectables

Number of posts : 420
Registration date : 2009-05-31

Back to top Go down

Post by croker April 3rd 2023, 11:26 pm

Hi ppcollectables, Can't make the fair but would be interested to see what John Ward vase you have.
croker
croker

Number of posts : 675
Registration date : 2021-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by dantheman April 7th 2023, 3:57 pm

A very busy fair today with traders enjoying record sales and very brisk trade
Better to go out with a roar than a whimper

Consultant
Consultant

Male Number of posts : 15419
Registration date : 2008-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum