Ambleside Pottery Dish - maker and design ?

2 posters

Go down

Ambleside Pottery Dish - maker and design ? Empty Ambleside Pottery Dish - maker and design ?

Post by INKA26 April 7th 2024, 12:54 pm

Hi I’m new to the forum and this is my first post ! I’m trying to identify the design name (if there is one) and makers name for this Ambleside Pottery dish. It belonged to my late parents and they would’ve got it in either the late 50s or early 60s. It measures around 3¾ inches across. I love the design and would really like to find similar pieces, but don’t know what to search for or which potter made it. Many thanks  Ambleside Pottery Dish - maker and design ? Img_7110
Ambleside Pottery Dish - maker and design ? Img_7111
INKA26
INKA26

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2024-04-07

Back to top Go down

Ambleside Pottery Dish - maker and design ? Empty Re: Ambleside Pottery Dish - maker and design ?

Post by philpot April 7th 2024, 1:38 pm

George Cook.
You will find al the info you need on our Ambleside thread.

https://www.20thcenturyforum.com/t4307-ambleside-pottery?highlight=ambleside
philpot
philpot

Number of posts : 6432
Registration date : 2010-11-06

Back to top Go down

Ambleside Pottery Dish - maker and design ? Empty Re: Ambleside Pottery Dish - maker and design ?

Post by INKA26 April 7th 2024, 4:45 pm

Many thanks. So is it likely that I’ll be able to find the design name on the Ambleside thread, too?
INKA26
INKA26

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2024-04-07

Back to top Go down

Post by philpot April 7th 2024, 5:09 pm

I think you are probably under the wrong impression about studio pottery. It is made and designed by individual potters themselves. So it is not like mass produced pottery. It does not have design names.
Having said that. This actual design is of of a woman with a crown. So I probably think it was specifically made and designed for the coronation of Elizabeth 1 in 1953 as a souvenir item. Which would tie up as the pottery was founded in 1948.
philpot
philpot

Number of posts : 6432
Registration date : 2010-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum