Bonhams Online only 25 April Design sale

2 posters

Go down

Bonhams Online only 25 April Design sale Empty Bonhams Online only 25 April Design sale

Post by philpot April 15th 2024, 2:35 pm

With about 50 lots of Studio Pottery. A lot of Lucie Rie, couple of high end Hans Coper, Janet and Bernard Leach, Abdo Nagi, Rupert Spira  Gabrielle Koch. A shadow of what they used to do before th 2008e financial crash. Online only seems the way its going. 10 days to bid. Viewing several days before the sale.

https://www.bonhams.com/auction/30367/design-and-contemporary-ceramics/?page=2
philpot
philpot

Number of posts : 6433
Registration date : 2010-11-06

Back to top Go down

Bonhams Online only 25 April Design sale Empty Re: Bonhams Online only 25 April Design sale

Post by croker April 15th 2024, 10:30 pm

It seems the trend now to mix studio pottery and design in sales and timed sales are getting more popular. There is not much in the studio pottery that i would personally get excited about but then i am not in the market for Coper . There has been an awful lot of Lucie Rie around recently, some of which is very ordinary but the name carries. I can't really see any salerooms ever being able to have regular all studio ceramic auctions in the future apart from those existing AP , MAAK. I do buy from Bonhams and find it can be cheaper than some of the other rooms.
croker
croker

Number of posts : 675
Registration date : 2021-01-20

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum