Colorful Old Made in Germany Footed Console Bowl with Marks & Numbers

4 posters

Go down

Colorful Old Made in Germany Footed Console Bowl with Marks & Numbers Empty Colorful Old Made in Germany Footed Console Bowl with Marks & Numbers

Post by Annenan April 7th 2009, 5:41 pm

Hello! I've had this bowl for some years now, purchased it despite some repaired damage because I was so taken with the colors. The colors and design have a modern feel which juxtaposes with the ornate form of the rim and pedestal feet. The colors are a bit brighter than they are appearing in my photos. I would like to know more about it if anyone can help. It's marked Made in Germany, the numbers 1170 are impressed, there is some language that I think indicates hand-made and some signature marks. Bowl measures 11" in diameter. Thanks for any help!

Colorful Old Made in Germany Footed Console Bowl with Marks & Numbers DSC05814
Colorful Old Made in Germany Footed Console Bowl with Marks & Numbers DSC05813
Colorful Old Made in Germany Footed Console Bowl with Marks & Numbers DSC05815
Colorful Old Made in Germany Footed Console Bowl with Marks & Numbers DSC05816
Colorful Old Made in Germany Footed Console Bowl with Marks & Numbers DSC05817
Colorful Old Made in Germany Footed Console Bowl with Marks & Numbers DSC05818
Annenan
Annenan

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2009-04-07

Back to top Go down

Colorful Old Made in Germany Footed Console Bowl with Marks & Numbers Empty Re: Colorful Old Made in Germany Footed Console Bowl with Marks & Numbers

Post by dantheman April 7th 2009, 7:02 pm

it's pre world war two as it's marked Germany,can you read the word above 'handarbeit'

Consultant
Consultant

Male Number of posts : 15414
Registration date : 2008-02-03

Back to top Go down

Colorful Old Made in Germany Footed Console Bowl with Marks & Numbers Empty Re: Colorful Old Made in Germany Footed Console Bowl with Marks & Numbers

Post by Annenan April 7th 2009, 7:21 pm

Hello, Dan: Thank you. I can't read it, but I think it starts with ELIT or ELAT and ends with ECDA. Appreciate the help!
Annenan
Annenan

Back to top Go down

Post by Pip April 7th 2009, 7:23 pm

Some post war production was marked just Germany so I'm afraid that's not a reliable indicator of age. Above Handarbeit it's marked 'Elsterwerda' - which is an East German pottery - see the following thread in our German/Austrian pottery section:-

https://www.20thcenturyforum.com/german-austrian-pottery-f31/elsterwerda-east-germany-t2613.htm?highlight=elsterwerda

Pip
Pip
Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 3331
Registration date : 2008-02-02

http://www.pips-trip.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by dantheman April 7th 2009, 8:09 pm

Frillo would be the man to tell you about that pottery

Consultant
Consultant

Male Number of posts : 15414
Registration date : 2008-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Pip April 8th 2009, 8:35 am

Anne - have you seen this has been ID'd? I'm going to move it shortly and append it onto the end of our Elsterwerda thread but I'll wait until I'm sure you've seen it.

Pip
Pip
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Annenan April 8th 2009, 11:58 am

Thanks to all! And to you, Pip, thanks for the gentle nudge :ch9: . A good day to you! Anne
Annenan
Annenan

Back to top Go down

Post by Frillo April 15th 2009, 2:22 pm

Nice piece, it's clearly Elsterwerda. I have it with a green marbled glaze. The handwritten numbers are possibly the sign of the painter. New on this one this the circle mark Made in Germany. First time I see it, so I would say it was made for export.
Frillo
Frillo

Male Number of posts : 188
Registration date : 2008-08-08

http://www.lavaguys-ceramic.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Pip April 15th 2009, 2:28 pm

Thanks for the extra info on Anne's bowl Fritz - I'll merge this in with the existing Elsterwerda thread now.

Pip
Pip
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Frillo April 15th 2009, 3:08 pm

Thank you too.
Frillo
Frillo

Back to top Go down

Post by Annenan April 15th 2009, 3:54 pm

Thank you, Frillo!
Annenan
Annenan

Back to top Go down

Post by Frillo April 16th 2009, 8:48 am

you are welcome Annenan
Frillo
Frillo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum