Davee
bistoboy
big ed
potty4poole
dantheman
35 posters

Page 10 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

How do you display your collection? - Page 10 Empty Re: How do you display your collection?

Post by MCWebs March 10th 2018, 1:14 pm

i can boast the worst ever pot in anyones collection - absolutely hands down is there a BINterest section on this forum??
MCWebs
MCWebs

Number of posts : 726
Registration date : 2017-09-24

Back to top Go down

How do you display your collection? - Page 10 Empty Re: How do you display your collection?

Post by 22 Crawford St. March 10th 2018, 1:25 pm

MC did you make any mistakes over the years? Have your tastes changed? Lots of those pots are very now.
22 Crawford St.
22 Crawford St.

Male Number of posts : 5607
Registration date : 2009-12-19

http://www.briglin.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dantheman March 10th 2018, 1:43 pm

MCWebs wrote:i can boast the worst ever pot in anyones collection - absolutely hands down is there a BINterest section on this forum??

in the early days we had a thread in which pots were sentenced to destruction by hammer, it was one of my favorite threads but it sometimes caused friction so we gave it the boot

Consultant
Consultant

Male Number of posts : 15425
Registration date : 2008-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post by MCWebs March 10th 2018, 2:01 pm

its more the straggler pots that unwantedly came with other things !!!

but my taste i'd say probably has evolved rather than changed - it takes a bit of exposure and self reflection to understand our own tastes but that is a fascinating process not meaning to sound hippy-ish but self realisation comes into it.

I invested rather heavily in the early days in David and Margaret Frith from a local exhibiting gallery and have some BIG signature and exhibition pieces - for skill i rate them exceedingly highly, but the same pieces have lost a lot of their mojo for me over the years and i would say that i probably would struggle to get what i paid for them right now...  since i have leaned towards abstract Welch, Fournier, Sam Hall and Wallwork - flirting in and out with the whole Teabowl field, I've always appreciated Maltby but could not describe why exactly!!

but i still cant resist if i see what i think is a good deal to purchase it - the Baragin Goggles come on and i think its quite an adrenaline boost the last seconds of an auction or ebay...

Should come with a warning "when the fun stops stop" :o) case in point > I bought a John Gibson Monumentally big Jug for £20 from an auction because it was so cheap = I have No where to Put it!!!

How do you display your collection? - Page 10 P1030310
MCWebs
MCWebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Potty March 10th 2018, 2:25 pm

MCWebs wrote:well here goes - my skills as a photographer are minimal and my display skills not much better..

Display and pot choice are really great, but your right about your photography skills Excellent

Potty
Potty

Number of posts : 3672
Registration date : 2010-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post by MCWebs March 10th 2018, 2:32 pm

perhaps an upgrade is required...

How do you display your collection? - Page 10 Upgrad10
MCWebs
MCWebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Potty March 10th 2018, 2:37 pm

MCWebs wrote:perhaps an upgrade is required...

How do you display your collection? - Page 10 Upgrad10

Probably not the camera Excellent Tripod and longer exposure for room lighting  Most Excellent

I can't talk though, my skills with a camera are pretty bad! The composition of my pictures is a lot worse than yours!

Potty
Potty

Back to top Go down

Post by MCWebs March 10th 2018, 3:02 pm

22 Crawford St. wrote:MC did you make any mistakes over the years? Have your tastes changed? Lots of those pots are very now.

The biggest mistake was spending several hours looking for the VGC potters mark included on an ebay description - after being told later it stood for Very Good Condition... that was pretty dumb!
MCWebs
MCWebs

Back to top Go down

Post by dantheman March 10th 2018, 3:12 pm

Big Laughter

Consultant
Consultant

Back to top Go down

Post by MCWebs March 10th 2018, 3:22 pm

wow what a museum we'd all make - mindblowing collections - LOVE the mermaids never seen the likes of them before > they are totally staggering
MCWebs
MCWebs

Back to top Go down

Post by dantheman March 10th 2018, 3:45 pm

they are my 'house on fire' items

Consultant
Consultant

Back to top Go down

Post by philpot March 10th 2018, 5:24 pm

Errrmmmm..
What would be your' Pants on Fire' ones then Dan? Laughter
philpot
philpot

Number of posts : 6445
Registration date : 2010-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post by philpot March 10th 2018, 5:40 pm

MC....That is a super collection you have there. Nice to have them spaced out. Interesting there looks to be a lot of David Leach there. Are there any other Leach school potters?
Auctioneers and their lotting of numerous pots. Oh Yes! Been there done that. A lot with a dozen- or whatever- or so pieces of which there are Two or Three absolute corkers. Everyone thinks they can sell the others on Ebay for a tidy profit, and will be left with the really good pieces for a cheap price.
So people overbid. Nearly every time. Reality being tho, that the rubbish is rubbish, and you just cannot get rid of it, But you cannot bear to part with it, as there is always that someday,somehow,somebody, feeling that it will go, But it doesn't
Add in the charity shop and Boat sale punts. Its cheap, it looks good, its gotta be good!!!!!!!!!
So you end up with an attic, garage full of Whatnots, that are all Whatonlies, and are all Whennevers!
Never underestimate one 's own capacity for self delusion! Laughter
philpot
philpot

Number of posts : 6445
Registration date : 2010-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post by MCWebs March 10th 2018, 5:51 pm

haha amen to that I can associate so much with what you say and self delusion is a good phrase - re leach potters > i've not many but a few - if you have access to pinterest then ive grouped my collections there on the link under my avatar... under the board seriously potty - i've tried to separate it from the abstract which ive put in my totally potty board > would be delighted to hear you comments if you get chance..
MCWebs
MCWebs

Back to top Go down

Post by MCWebs March 10th 2018, 5:52 pm

philpot wrote:Errrmmmm..
What would be your' Pants on Fire' ones then Dan? Laughter

Im guessing a big pot that could hold a lot of water :)
MCWebs
MCWebs

Back to top Go down

Post by MCWebs March 10th 2018, 6:24 pm

My problem about auctions is knowing where to stop and put away the bargain goggles... I find myself compulsed to stick my hand up - I'm like a 1980's Indian Test Umpire when England were batting!!
MCWebs
MCWebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Potty March 10th 2018, 6:25 pm

philpot wrote:Nice to have  them spaced out.

I agree, here's mine:

Big Laughter

How do you display your collection? - Page 10 P1020210

How do you display your collection? - Page 10 P1020211

Potty
Potty

Back to top Go down

Post by MCWebs March 10th 2018, 8:25 pm

blimey - i think looking at all the displays the studio potter is quite a rare, eccentric/slightly bonkers and wonderful breed we'll buy the pot and then worry afterwards if there's room = soon we'll all be living in the bathtub and use a system of pulleys to leave the house!!!!
MCWebs
MCWebs

Back to top Go down

Post by 22 Crawford St. March 10th 2018, 8:43 pm

Potty, you need to get a bit
22 Crawford St.
22 Crawford St.

Male Number of posts : 5607
Registration date : 2009-12-19

http://www.briglin.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Potty March 10th 2018, 9:06 pm

22 Crawford St. wrote:Potty, you need to get a bit

Did you hit send a bit early? Big Laughter

Potty
Potty

Back to top Go down

Post by NaomiM March 10th 2018, 9:07 pm

Big Laughter Big Laughter

Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 31595
Registration date : 2012-05-15

http://bispm.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by MCWebs March 10th 2018, 9:13 pm

his room's so full of pots he hasnt even got room to finish his sentence
MCWebs
MCWebs

Back to top Go down

Post by cycladelic January 5th 2019, 2:10 pm

Here are my current 10" Poole plates...

How do you display your collection? - Page 10 Img_0210
cycladelic
cycladelic

Male Number of posts : 548
Registration date : 2012-11-02

Back to top Go down

Post by cycladelic January 5th 2019, 2:31 pm

I've cut my Poole spears down from 10 to these six...

How do you display your collection? - Page 10 Img_0211
cycladelic
cycladelic

Male Number of posts : 548
Registration date : 2012-11-02

Back to top Go down

Post by dantheman January 5th 2019, 4:19 pm

did you sell the others outside Europe?

Consultant
Consultant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum