Oil painting Africa? Signed N Joseph

Go down

Oil painting Africa? Signed N Joseph Empty Oil painting Africa? Signed N Joseph

Post by Guest August 9th 2010, 6:50 pm

(Last one), I don't really know anything about this pic other than its an oil painting , I picked this up helping a friend clear out her Grandads house when he sadly passed away,
he must not of liked it that much as it was in the spare bedroom not even hanging, anyway ive had it now some years not sure on how old this is unable to find any reference on the signature probably does have some age and does need a good clean, please look at the end of the signature this may give someone with more knowledge some clues as to where this was painted, I aint got a clue other than it looks to me like Africa, but where? could be wrong and usually are. Oil painting Africa? Signed N Joseph 212118

Thanks

rob
Oil painting Africa? Signed N Joseph Image335
Oil painting Africa? Signed N Joseph Image336

Back to top Go down

Oil painting Africa? Signed N Joseph Empty Re: Oil painting Africa? Signed N Joseph

Post by dantheman August 9th 2010, 7:03 pm

I have seen a few like that,all were from Haiti

Consultant
Consultant

Male Number of posts : 15416
Registration date : 2008-02-03

Back to top Go down

Oil painting Africa? Signed N Joseph Empty Re: Oil painting Africa? Signed N Joseph

Post by Guest August 10th 2010, 8:57 am

Thanks Dan, I have since looked at Haitian art, you are right again Oil painting Africa? Signed N Joseph 175374
rob.

Back to top Go down

Post by dantheman August 10th 2010, 12:15 pm

I have 3 pieces of Haitian art Rob so I often look on ebay to see what is available

Consultant
Consultant

Male Number of posts : 15416
Registration date : 2008-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum