HOLMEGAARD COBALT BLUE VIKING GLASS CARAFE QUESTION

2 posters

Go down

HOLMEGAARD COBALT BLUE VIKING GLASS CARAFE QUESTION Empty HOLMEGAARD COBALT BLUE VIKING GLASS CARAFE QUESTION

Post by nickbug August 25th 2010, 8:08 pm

Hi

I spotted one of these carafes today in a charity shop window. The shop was closed so I am going to get it in the morning. I've discovered from looking at Nic's site and other places that it was designed in 1955. I just wondered if anyone here could tell me how long it was produced for please?

Hope the condition is ok when I get up close and personal tomorrow. The label says it's £10.

Nick
nickbug
nickbug

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2010-08-14

Back to top Go down

HOLMEGAARD COBALT BLUE VIKING GLASS CARAFE QUESTION Empty Re: HOLMEGAARD COBALT BLUE VIKING GLASS CARAFE QUESTION

Post by HarderNet.dk August 25th 2010, 8:45 pm

The last time it is seen i catalog is in 1976 and I think the production will have been stopped one maybe two years later.

Actually it started as a green bottle made to order by Holmegaard Glasswork in 1955 to the company Torben Anton A/S and had the seal C4, later it was put into production and sold to the public under the name "Viking" but with the seal as a viking face and in other colors as well and cordial glass was added.
HarderNet.dk

Male Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2009-04-06

http://www.hardernet.dk

Back to top Go down

HOLMEGAARD COBALT BLUE VIKING GLASS CARAFE QUESTION Empty Re: HOLMEGAARD COBALT BLUE VIKING GLASS CARAFE QUESTION

Post by nickbug August 25th 2010, 9:00 pm

I've only been registered here for a couple of weeks but I've already learned it doesn't take long to get an answer here, just as long as someone has the answer.

Great information thanks. Hope no one gets the piece before me in the morning.

Ironic thing was I had must have visited at least 15 charity shops today and came away with absolutely nothing. Lots of 'looky likey' glass but I don't think any of what I saw was Scandinavian, mostly too thin and light but, as a newcomer to this, I am finding it very difficult to tell with some pieces. Fortunately that carafe has the viking motif which gives it away.

This is a great place. Thanks again.
nickbug
nickbug

Back to top Go down

Post by nickbug August 26th 2010, 1:27 pm

What a disappointment. I went to the shop to get the carafe but, on examination, I discovered a small but deep chip in the body. I decided I had better leave it. If it had been a couple of quid I wouldn't have minded but not a tenner.
nickbug
nickbug

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum