Bellarmines - when did they stop making them?

3 posters

Go down

Bellarmines - when did they stop making them? Empty Bellarmines - when did they stop making them?

Post by MatW March 26th 2011, 11:49 pm

Hoping someone can help me. I recently purchased a 7 inch bellarmine jug at auction. I have had a good look at it and I'm pretty certain that its reasonably new (well about a 100 years old maybe). It has a pale gray glaze inside the spout. The jug is a little too perfect for my liking and has a impressed f and 94 on the underside.

Does anyone know if there has been a history of reproduction bellarmines. It just doesn't look 17th or 18th century.

Cheers,

Mat

Bellarmines - when did they stop making them? Dsc_0013
MatW
MatW

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2011-02-03

Back to top Go down

Bellarmines - when did they stop making them? Empty Re: Bellarmines - when did they stop making them?

Post by MatW March 26th 2011, 11:52 pm

A few more pictures of the jug.

Mat

Bellarmines - when did they stop making them? Dsc_0014
Bellarmines - when did they stop making them? Dsc_0015
Bellarmines - when did they stop making them? Dsc_0016
MatW
MatW

Back to top Go down

Bellarmines - when did they stop making them? Empty Re: Bellarmines - when did they stop making them?

Post by nick1512 March 27th 2011, 12:21 pm

Reproductions are still being made in The US and Canada and can be picked up for less than 100 dollars.The originals certainly had no numbers or letters on the base .
nick1512
nick1512

Male Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2010-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by dantheman March 27th 2011, 12:27 pm

I was tempted to bid on it myself Mat in the hope that it might be a Guy Sydenham repro but the guide price put me off bidding.
My guess is that it was made very recently but I would love to own it

Consultant
Consultant

Male Number of posts : 15414
Registration date : 2008-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post by MatW March 27th 2011, 2:50 pm

Hi Dan,

Thought I might have bought my self a bit of a 'lame duck'. I'll e-bay it and if it's not to anyone's liking I could sell privately to yourself just to get something back on it,

cheers,

Mat
MatW
MatW

Back to top Go down

Post by dantheman March 27th 2011, 6:09 pm

the modern ones have sold for around £60 on ebay

Consultant
Consultant

Male Number of posts : 15414
Registration date : 2008-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum