Blue & White hand painted bowl. Help with ID please

5 posters

Go down

Blue & White hand painted bowl. Help with ID please Empty Blue & White hand painted bowl. Help with ID please

Post by josielewis June 2nd 2011, 3:54 am

Blue & White hand painted bowl. Help with ID please Kws4812
Blue & White hand painted bowl. Help with ID please Kws48-15
Blue & White hand painted bowl. Help with ID please Kws48-16
Blue & White hand painted bowl. 3.3/4" high X 8.1/2" in diameter. Grey colored earthenware with heavy cream glaze that is crazed. Hand painted dark royal blue design . The top edge is not completely round and is rough to the touch. Surplus grey earthenware is attached to one side as if the bowl sat too close to another in the kiln. Any help with identification would be most appreciated. Thank you in advance.
josielewis
josielewis

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2011-06-02

Back to top Go down

Blue & White hand painted bowl. Help with ID please Empty Re: Blue & White hand painted bowl. Help with ID please

Post by skay June 2nd 2011, 7:03 pm

Welcome to the forum Josie Blue & White hand painted bowl. Help with ID please 124209

xx

big ed wrote:Burt lancaster spat on me Sad

brin mcardle wrote:Probably no surprise...I love this

Taylor Thomas wrote:Have you got enough quotes Sue?

l33ham180 wrote:the wife wants massive

NaomiM wrote:...didn't even have the excuse it was for charity. Just liked his balls. Cheeky

dantheman wrote:I think it's shit

22 Crawford St. wrote:No one likes clowns.

skay
skay
Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 3351
Registration date : 2008-02-03

Back to top Go down

Blue & White hand painted bowl. Help with ID please Empty Re: Blue & White hand painted bowl. Help with ID please

Post by josielewis June 3rd 2011, 3:52 pm

Thank you for the warm welcome. Could my posting possibly be Chinese? It almost seems a little too crude perhaps?
josielewis
josielewis

Back to top Go down

Post by studio-pots June 3rd 2011, 4:37 pm

I am no expert on Chinese pottery but that was what I thought when I first saw it. I don't think that it is too crude for a provincial piece though.

Consultant
Consultant

Male Number of posts : 7815
Registration date : 2011-02-17

http://www.studio-pots.com

Back to top Go down

Post by josielewis June 3rd 2011, 5:36 pm

Well thank you! It really has character and now I shall research provincial Chinese pottery and see what I can find. I appreciate your input.
josielewis
josielewis

Back to top Go down

Post by Potty June 3rd 2011, 6:20 pm

Could well be Chinese, but personally I'm more inclined towards it being islamic pottery.

Potty :)

Potty
Potty

Number of posts : 3675
Registration date : 2010-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post by josielewis June 3rd 2011, 6:28 pm

Well thank you! Here I go off at another tangent, shall I live long enough to identify this item I wonder. Your input is much appreciated Thank you.
josielewis
josielewis

Back to top Go down

Post by Potty June 3rd 2011, 7:58 pm

No problem, but SP has much better knowledge than me, I was just giving my 2 cents on this one Excellent

Potty
Potty

Number of posts : 3675
Registration date : 2010-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Calusa June 4th 2011, 12:56 am

I'm thinking this is an old piece of Persian pottery, which falls in line with Potty's observation regarding Islamic origin. I'd guess mid to late 1800's.
Calusa
Calusa

Number of posts : 241
Registration date : 2010-08-22

Back to top Go down

Post by josielewis June 4th 2011, 1:00 am

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your knowledge.
josielewis
josielewis

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum