I cant not find any info on this Glass/crystal...

4 posters

Go down

I cant not find any info on this Glass/crystal... Empty I cant not find any info on this Glass/crystal...

Post by valmont325 Mon May 28, 2012 7:35 pm

I cant not find any info on this Glass/crystal... Img_2011

They measure 3" tall , have an 8 pointed star shape on the bottom of the base. in case it helps i have 12 of them. and they appear to be crystal but i am not 100 % sure. Please help i can not find any info.
valmont325
valmont325

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2012-05-28

Back to top Go down

I cant not find any info on this Glass/crystal... Empty Re: I cant not find any info on this Glass/crystal...

Post by NaomiM Mon May 28, 2012 10:41 pm

You picture's a bit out of focus, but possibly Waterford Irish crystal.
Similar shapes here, (although listed as 7" vases, rather than 3" drinking glasses):
http://www.thefind.com/kitchen/info-7"-footed-vase

If there's a lot of wear/scratches on the base then it may be 19th Century.
NaomiM
NaomiM
Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 31473
Registration date : 2012-05-15

http://bispm.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

I cant not find any info on this Glass/crystal... Empty Re: I cant not find any info on this Glass/crystal...

Post by valmont325 Mon May 28, 2012 11:44 pm

Thank you for your input, feel like im getting closer but not exactly there. They are not scratched so there goes that.

Its killing me, there must be some info somewhere!
valmont325
valmont325

Back to top Go down

Post by petet63 Tue May 29, 2012 10:21 am

Hiya, its always difficult to get an ID on crystal patterns. Some clear pictures would help so we can see the pattern cut into the glass. I use the crystal replacement sites, its a long process of checking everything but as suggested by NaomiM you could start with Waterford and see if you get lucky. As for there being no wear to the base, IMHO the wear comes from years of use. I have a set of 1920's crystal glasses that still look as if they were made recently with no wear to the base. A lot of glass is kept in display units for years and never used sadly. A drink always tastes better out of Crystal (Its a bit like the fancy towel bails and candles women buy and never use, just to look nice Big Laughter Big Laughter) Pete

P.S. Take pictures on a white background and at an angle looking into the glass, it seems to work for me and I had a lot of trouble taking pics until a kind member enlightened me . Lights help as well.
petet63
petet63

Male Number of posts : 161
Registration date : 2010-01-04

Back to top Go down

Post by valmont325 Tue May 29, 2012 2:15 pm

I cant not find any info on this Glass/crystal... Dsc_0110

I cant not find any info on this Glass/crystal... Dsc_0111

Thanks for the advice. How about these photos.
valmont325
valmont325

Back to top Go down

Post by valmont325 Wed May 30, 2012 3:54 am

How is this item NOT located ANYWHERE on the internet! Frustrated i feel like i have looked everywhere and asked every site, but nothing. I will get to the bottom of this...oh yes i will!
valmont325
valmont325

Back to top Go down

Post by petet63 Wed May 30, 2012 2:10 pm

Does anyone on the forum know what the glasses are for, sherry ? liqueur? misers wine Glass ? It would help in the search.
petet63
petet63

Back to top Go down

Post by valmont325 Wed May 30, 2012 2:37 pm

I have thought maybe communion glasses. Then i was thinking toothpick holder but who would buy 12 holders? Insane Maybe Bud vase? Shot glass? this will drive me crazy!
valmont325
valmont325

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldmagpie Wed May 30, 2012 2:41 pm

The waisted shape might suggest they are Jelly Glasses, but its only a guess. Shrugs
Oldmagpie
Oldmagpie

Number of posts : 216
Registration date : 2011-02-25

Back to top Go down

Post by petet63 Wed May 30, 2012 6:56 pm

After a very quick look I found this site. I dont have time right now to go through it but heres the link. It looks like jelly could be a good clue, Thanks Oldmagpie. Its a step forward. I like a good search.

http://www.coritani.com/moreglass.htm
petet63
petet63

Back to top Go down

Post by NaomiM Wed May 30, 2012 8:34 pm

I would assume they were shot/liqueur glasses.

Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by NaomiM Wed May 30, 2012 8:40 pm

To add, more as a warning, rather than an observation about these particular glasses, but there has been an enormous amount of moulded and then crudely cut glassware coming over from Eastern Europe, purporting to be quality cut glass.
You can tell them from good cut glass because the star shaped cuts in the middle of the decoration aren't polished. The rest of the 'cuts' look polished but are merely moulded.

Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by valmont325 Wed May 30, 2012 9:05 pm

Thanks everyone for continued searching. We will find it! Thanks Pete for the link...now i have ANOTHER few things it could be! lol.
valmont325
valmont325

Back to top Go down

Post by valmont325 Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:48 pm

Little update. I found that they all dont match. 6 of them are the ones i have closeups of here. the other 6 dont have the odd indented base. its just a plain base, plus besides the star on the bottom the others dont have the "Star of david" design like the other 6.

Oh, i have them on craigslist for "Make offer" and some guy wrote me about them. Said he will offer me 1 dollar each cause thats all they are worth.. Said they are just regular glass goblets. So needless to say i told him what he can do with his "12 dollars"
valmont325
valmont325

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldmagpie Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:49 pm

Just wondering if they are American

take a look at the central picture that pattern looks similar to yours Happy

http://cutglassaddict.com/libbey.htm
Oldmagpie
Oldmagpie

Number of posts : 216
Registration date : 2011-02-25

Back to top Go down

Post by valmont325 Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:15 am

thanks but i dont think that looks like it. I found some german ones that have the similar star on the bottom but nothing else matched
valmont325
valmont325

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum