ID help please Rimini blu like lamp

2 posters

Go down

ID help please Rimini blu like lamp  Empty ID help please Rimini blu like lamp

Post by speaktothequeen May 10th 2015, 1:59 pm

Hi. I bought this great lamp with a pierced base. It has a cylinder inside that lights up. The sgraffito surface, texture and color are just like a Bitossi Rimini Blu one that was on 1stdibs over the winter. I have found the same lamp twice, once in place olive green and once in beige, on the internet sold on eBay and selling on Etsy, for a reasonable price. If it's not worth much, I'll keep it. I looked up the Underwriter's Laboratories number and did not get anything from that. I will post a photo of the UL label in a comment. Thank you, Julie

ID help please Rimini blu like lamp  Img_0310

Last edited by denbydump on March 11th 2023, 12:41 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : typo)
speaktothequeen
speaktothequeen

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2014-05-13

Back to top Go down

ID help please Rimini blu like lamp  Empty Re: ID help please Rimini blu like lamp

Post by speaktothequeen May 10th 2015, 2:04 pm

PS The color is much brighter than in the photo above. here is a better shot for color:

ID help please Rimini blu like lamp  Img_1810
speaktothequeen
speaktothequeen

Back to top Go down

ID help please Rimini blu like lamp  Empty Re: ID help please Rimini blu like lamp

Post by speaktothequeen May 10th 2015, 2:07 pm

And here is the Underwriter's Laboratories label:

ID help please Rimini blu like lamp  Img_3610
speaktothequeen
speaktothequeen

Back to top Go down

Post by NaomiM May 10th 2015, 2:38 pm

If it's Italian it should have Italy written somewhere on the base rim. But if it's unmarked I'm not sure you'd find the maker unless you come across another that's signed. Lamp fittings tend to be imported from other countries so they don't necessarily indicate the country of manufacture of the base.

Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 31566
Registration date : 2012-05-15

http://bispm.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by speaktothequeen May 10th 2015, 2:57 pm

Thanks. It has felt on the bottom and no markings on the rim. There could be markings under the felt or it could be unmarked.
speaktothequeen
speaktothequeen

Back to top Go down

Post by NaomiM May 10th 2015, 4:47 pm

If there's felt on the base I usually take it off (even if it's still in the shop Embarrassed Laughter )

Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 31566
Registration date : 2012-05-15

http://bispm.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum